We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Clay Spa vs. Yaan Wellness Spa

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Mayan Clay Spa vs. Yaan Wellness Spa

Hello!

Has anyone been to either spas, or both? Any preference?

And for those who went to the MCS, did you do the beach massage or bathhouse?

Thanks!

Shelby

2 replies to this topic
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan Clay Spa vs. Yaan Wellness Spa

I've been to MCS. They do the massages at the location on the beach road, but they are not beachfront. Perhaps they offer that option, but I was not told that they do.

The massage itself was great, but I hated the Clay. Cold, wet, slimy feeling that dried to a hard sticky shell and made the sheet stick to you. It was very hard to shower off and I was still getting Clay out of my hair and ears 2 days later. Lol I also felt like it really dried out my skin, which is the opposite of what they claim.

That said, loved the spa, great massage, and I'd go again if they just used oil. Clay was no bueno for me. :)

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan Clay Spa vs. Yaan Wellness Spa

I went to the Mayan Clay Spa, which is on the jungle side of the beach road. It’s really lovely- we went mid-morning and didn’t hear any construction or traffic noises. The clay is a little bit cold but it makes your skin feel amazing and the outdoor shower is a treat. If you’re not into/not familiar with super deep tissue massages, I would suggest asking for lighter pressure. I had some bad knots in my lower back and glutes and my masseuse left small bruises on me from the pressure.

Mentioned in this post
Mayan Clay Spa
Mayan Clay Spa
58 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Reply to: Mayan Clay Spa vs. Yaan Wellness Spa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted