We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bejuco closed?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bejuco closed?

We contacted Bejuco from their website about a dining reservation. They replied they’d be closed the next several days, but said try and get back in touch with them after that.

It seems if the closure were planned, they’d know when they are reopening. Wondering if this is another involuntary shut down? Or maybe just a large group has the place booked for an event or something?

Edited: 10 May 2018, 23:05
8 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,974 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bejuco closed?

Oh no, that's a bummer. I love that place. It shouldn't be a clausurado, I wouldn't think, as there's been a property there for years. Hoping it's just a booking, but you're right, you'd think they would know when they'd be reopening. If you're in the area (they're in beachtown, right across from Puro Corazon, not far from Zamas), I'd just wander over and ask someone in person.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bejuco closed?

Thank you, Beachreader! Of course we want to try it cause you love it! :)))

When I get eyeballs on the scene I will have a look. I need to get to Zamas anyhow. Their huevos rancheros are calling.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,974 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bejuco closed?

If you're going to Zamas for breakfast, Bejuco may not be open. Well, they may be since they have hotel rooms, so yes, please do check it out, thanks!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bejuco closed?

Hand written sign blocking the entrance says “Closed Today.” Didn’t see anybody around.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,974 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bejuco closed?

Hmm. Hope it's not permanent! I loved it there.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bejuco closed?

Talked to a guy there tonight. They will be closed for about another 7 months for a total renovation.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,974 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bejuco closed?

Their FB page says "til July 2019"! I was hoping that was a typo and it was really July 2018, but I guess that's wrong. Shoot. They'd only just gotten started with the restaurant! I really hope they don't mess with that part of things, but I bet they will. Boo.

Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bejuco closed?

I could swear I posted a reply to this but I don't see it.

We tried to go there for dinner a couple nights ago and it was closed. The next day we were in the area again and took a look at some of the hotels. We were on the beach side of one of the hotels and you could see the teepees and a total invasion of sargassum. When I saw the amount I assumed it was the reason they were closed because it was all the way up their hill.

Reply to: Bejuco closed?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted