We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paseo del sol - nearby facilities

London
Level Contributor
136 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Paseo del sol - nearby facilities

Have found a great package deal for these condos which have fab reviews. I know we can get AI pass at reef club but don't want to do that everyday.

My question is this , are there places to eat nearby or will we have to go into town for breakfast and dinner. Also is there a supermarket nearby as we'll need some basic supplies, don't really want to cook ( its a holiday after all ) we're renting a condo more for the space as were travelling with two young kids.

Hoping we won't have to go into town twice a day to eat.

Is 5th avenue the only "strip" of bars and restaurants .. will we get bored of going to the same location every night.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,828 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paseo del sol - nearby facilities

If you do not get an AI pass at the Reef then you will have to buy food, walk into Playa del Carmen or take a taxi. There are over 250 restaurants in Playa, I'd recommend at least 100. We stay just east of you on the beach just north of the Reef. We love going in to Playa to eat. We also stock our condo with whatever we think is necessary, but we don't dine in. It's too much fun to go in to Playa to eat. We either walk to Wal Mart. Mega Mart or Chedraui grocery stores and then take a taxi back.

Love eating breakfast at the Fusion Hotel, Hotel Playa Maya, El Bistro, La Cueva del Chango, Carboncitos, 100% Natural, Hot Cakes, Indigo and numerous other places. The list gets longer for lunch and dinner on or near 5th Avenue is a must on our evening stroll.

London
Level Contributor
136 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paseo del sol - nearby facilities

thanks very helpful

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paseo del sol - nearby facilities

We own a condo at Paseo del Sol and have found that grocery shopping is a breeze. Mega and Walmart are both in town and offer great selection of meats, produce and anything else you would need. We usually walk into the store, do our shopping and then cab it back for 70 pesos. Then we have bought the majority of our food and need only pick up small items as we need them. If you are staying for awhile and need to purchase bulk amounts, City Club offers an annual membership for only around 11 USD and it is located on Federal highway. The restaurant selection on fifth avenue is great and varied but you can find all kinds of cool little cafes and restaurants just off Fifth. Sometimes a little off the beaten track means better prices and services because they have to try harder!

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paseo del sol - nearby facilities

it is a 10 minute walk to the 5th ave restaurant zone from paseo del sol and about 5 minutes the opposite way to a market area with bank, shopping, and Starbucks etc.

I use the banamex cash machine in the reef parking lot to get bank card money close by to the Paseo del sol

I always walk or cab it to fifth ave/downtown if im going out to eat ---- its got lots of variety and a fun atmosphere

5. Re: Paseo del sol - nearby facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 16:17