We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from The Royal PDC!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
Live from The Royal PDC!

3rd day now, and here till Friday. Weather has been terrific! The resort is everything we expected. Incredible service. Maria Marie's is wonderful. We did upgrade but only to an oceanview. Got it for the duration for $200. They just wouldn't come down enough on the master suites, etc.....on our way to the playacrawl tonight after dinner at Maria Marie's. The beach does smell. We are beach people, but it's enough to keep us at the pool for the most part. Questions? I'll check back in tomorrow.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

Oh, and thanks for all the great info. From the absolute mandarin and sprite, to the mango Tangos. From the blue coast chicken, to the tequila bar. Your info has helped us feel like regulars. Even choosing some of the best waiters, etc....

West Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

If you had to guess, what's the occupancy? Are you happy with the room you got? Thanks!

Ewing, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

Thanks for taking the time from your vacation to post!! My wife and I arrive in 2 weeks and can hardly wait!! We are also hoping to upgrade upon arrival and were wondering how much they wanted per night for the other suites?? Thanks and Have a Wonderful vacation!!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

Have a great vacation.............

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

Bigtime rain day today. Needed it anyways, as my tan is getting red! They wanted $100 per for the swim up rooms near the beach. Wouldn't go below $80 for master suites.

Not sure how capacity is. Seems pretty full. Towel game hasn't been that big of deal, as it's played everywhere. If u go down before 8, you can get about any location you want.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,073 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

Rainy days at a AI, is a great way to make new friends...I have numerous new friends met while hunkered under a palapa or umbrella, sipping the nectar's....Still keep in touch with them...

Rainy days are the best reason for AI vacations...

Philadelphia...
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

What do you mean the beach smells??

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
8. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

Hey there Amazin......we will be there in 2 weeks as well....coming from Lawrenceville and Hamilton!! Maybe we will see you there!!!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

The beach smell is talked about a lot. We smelled it at the blue parrot last night as well. A rotten egg smell. It's pretty bad at times right on the beach at the royal. Walk down a bit and it's gone.

Kinda comes and goes, but other than that, our stay has been exceptional in every way! Our 14th time to playa/cancun.....this resort has been the best. Food and all around service has been the best we've experienced! Now, Coco bongo's here we come! :)

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
20 posts
10. Re: Live from The Royal PDC!

Ohhhh 1hotrdh!!

So much fun reading your posts since we just got back from The Royal PDC last Tuesday! Missing the drinks there, the service, friendly staff, etc. We're already saving for the next trip!

Yes, the beach smells - seems to bother some people more than others. Days that are more windy there's less smell. Like mentioned above, walk away from the pier a small distance and the smell is pretty much gone. Just one of those things that I find very tolerable, or at least, easy to resolve.

Would love to hear what you thought of the Playacrawl - haven't participated myself but did research it last year when I went to Royal PDC with my daughter. Fun?

Interested in your experience at Coco Bongo's also. Everyone that likes music & a party should try it once, at least. (Too expensive & too crazy for much more than that.)

Have fun! Time in PDC passes MUCH faster than back here in the states!