We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RPDC food recs??

West Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
RPDC food recs??

We will be taking our first trip to the RPDC in October. Since we love good food, we just wanted to check with those of you who have already been there, and what your favorite dish (and restaurant) was? Thanks in advance for your help. I don't know what we'd do without Trip Advisor!

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: RPDC food recs??

My wife's fav dish is the Lambchops at Asiana..they were amazing and mine was the New York steak at Pelicanos..nice thick piece of meat not a little fast fry piece of garbage. But you will definitely love Marie Maries and Chef's Plate as well all food is delicious here !!

Aston, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
924 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: RPDC food recs??

We ate several times at Maria Maries and enjoyed the beef tenderloin and the chateaubriand (tenderloin for two). That restaurant was our favorite. Also had great steak through room service. You can tell I was enjoying their steak. I also enjoyed making salads at the buffet restaurant and putting shrimp and tuna on it. Light and delicious. We never went to the buffets for dinner. The Mediterranean and Asiania were good also.

Houston, TEXAS
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: RPDC food recs??

Where there any Authentic Mexican food dishes? We leave in 4 days!! Soo oo excited first time to this hotel too.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: RPDC food recs??

There is a Mexican themed restaurant next dooe at the Gran Porto that you are able to have full use of as well. It is called Maries and is also very good.

Also is a good Italian restaurant there called Il Pescatore that you can also eat at next door.

Edited: 30 August 2011, 03:15
West Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: RPDC food recs??

Thanks for the replies! Does anyone know where I can find some really great shrimp?

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: RPDC food recs??

Playa Maya on the beach between Calle 6 and Calle 8.

7. Re: RPDC food recs??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 13:16