We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reserving a room at an iberostar in playa del carmen

chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
reserving a room at an iberostar in playa del carmen

i got airfare through funjet. how do you go about getting a room? this is frustrating. all these places are open monday through friday and there websites only mention packages with airfare.

i'm going first week of september (i know, i'm cutting it real close). anybody know how much i can expect to pay during this period at say the lindo. thank you.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reserving a room at an iberostar in playa del carmen

You really should go thru a Travel agent. I am going to LINDO in September and for ONE WEEK (7N) with REGULAR SCHEDULED AIR from JFK in NYC, I am paying about $1700. IB books up well in advance, so you may have a hard time finding an IB room.

Why didnt you go to a travel agent?

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reserving a room at an iberostar in playa del carmen

I am a travel agent. I priced the hotel directy and then thru a tour operator. I found that the tour operator was cheaper, if you can believe that!!! Iberostars fill up quickly, so dont waste any more time. If you need help you can email me at michele@thetravelsmiths.com

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: reserving a room at an iberostar in playa del carmen

go to a TA and get booked there. Or book room only through Funjet or Apple. Since you got your air through Funjet they might be able to give you a good IB rate. Why didn't you book as a package to begin with?

Mexico
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: reserving a room at an iberostar in playa del carmen

I used to work in Iberostar for the diving center. I checked out the prices for my family and It was about 200 to 300 a night if you want to book direct. It is not worth the price. Why don't you try a hotel closer to town.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,087 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reserving a room at an iberostar in playa del carmen

In defense of him booking airfare separately--we did that on our last trip and saved over $600 with Funjet!!! We priced several different packages and always found a huge saving doing it separately. They always advertise the saving of booking a package, but definately check booking separate, it might save you huge amounts of money!!!!

chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: reserving a room at an iberostar in playa del carmen

i bought tickets through funjet to cancun int'l for about 180 pp(wife and 2 kids...one year old and 3 yr old). i couldn't pass it up as it expirect by midnight! i got iberostar lindo for 5 nights about 1200$ i was going to fiesta coral (or coral sands) for the last 2 days in cancun. still have to figure out how to get there etc. maybe i'll just stay in PDC. i was trying to keep costs down but my luxury seeking side is getting the best of me.

since i got the airfare separately will i be getting all the other perks like transportation, etc... my travel agent is checking for me.