We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Van from CUN to Merida...

Which Merida hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Van from CUN to Merida...

We just took it. Arrived just in time to catch the last one of the day, 5pm. Thought I'd post this because there seems to be some confusion about it. First, not a van in the traditional sense. 5 rows of seats, 2 on one side, 1 on the other, and ample room in the back for luggage. Might be a bit tight if full, but ours wasn't - 9 of us, 4 couples and a single. A bit more expensive to go from the airport, but I figure it saved us between 1-1 1/2 hours instead of going downtown. Also, the driver stops for bathroom breaks at both of the cuotas. No, not as comfy as the bus, but we'd definitely do it again if needed. Hope this might help someone else...

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Thanks for the insights.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

I suppose you are talking about the ADO vans. That sounds like their standard seatng.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

So is this van the route that is listed on the ADO site from CUN to Merida CAME, 1:30, 3:00, 5:00 for $480 pesos?

I appreciate the information -- I'll be doing this trip on Friday, and I'm having trouble deciding if I should attempt this, or go downtown and catch the bus. I'm traveling light, so luggage is not the issue. How long did it take?

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Yes, that's it. Our trip took about 3.5 hours, if I remember correctly. We could have saved about $15 by leaving from downtown, but it would have probably taken at least an hour more to get to M. For us it was well worth it, giving us the opportunity to make it over to Noche Mexicana. But if you're getting to CUN earlier than we did (about 4:30), you might decide differently...

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Also, if it's important to you, that 5 pm van went to Altabrisas first, then Fiesta Americana.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,408 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Peter, just so you will know, the 130 pm airport departure is an ADO first class bus. The 3 and 5 pm departures are vans.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

We land at 11:30, so I think we should have plenty of time to get the 1:30 first class bus. Thanks for the information!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Ojala que sí...We were supposed to land by noon, but heavy fog & rain pushed us back more than 4 hours. I had the bus schedule in my pocket, and was hoping to catch that last van out at 5. Just did it. Buena Suerte to you...

British Columbia
Level Contributor
189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

Does anyone know the schedule for earlier in the day? I believe we land in Cancun at 9:30 am, and plan to take a bus to Merida as soon as we can!

Thanks!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Van from CUN to Merida...

As already written, the site is ado.com.mx....