We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun to Merida Bus Schedule

san antonio
1 post
Save Topic
Cancun to Merida Bus Schedule

My dad and I will be going to Merida for 3 days in late November '09(28th,29th,and 30th).We have to be in Playa Del Car-

men on the 27th.

I was plannig to return to Cancun on the 28th and catch either the UNO or an ADO bus to Merida.

My question is: do those bus lines operate out of Playa del Carmen? If not, I noticed on comments I've read on this topic that ADO has numerous trips daily to Merida from Cancun and back. But, on the Ticketbus website only UNO is listed with maybe 2-3 trips daily.

Do we wait till we get to the bus station to get our tickets?

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun to Merida Bus Schedule

The ticketbus website has one drawback: you have to know which terminal to pick in Merida. If you pick the CAME option for departures or arrivals, you should get some more options.

Hope this helps!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,620 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun to Merida Bus Schedule

Good point by Bill. Also, the ADO sites, often do not show the schedules far in advance. I was going to take a look but it appears both the ADO site and the Ticketbus sites are down now.

I recommend the ADO-GL or UNO. One thing I really like, in addition to more space is the fact that you get headphones for the movies so you have the option of ignoring them if you want. On the ADO first class buses you endure the movie audio whether you want it or not!

ADO does operate both first class and ADO GL buses from Playa del Carmen to Merida.

3. Re: Cancun to Merida Bus Schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2010, 14:17