We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

West Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

I've done my research, and have found a couple of dishes that folks are recommending, but I'd like as much up to date information as possible. For those of you who've been to Coz Palace in the last year or so, can you tell me what your favorite food/dishes were? Also, interested in any specific foods anyone likes that are on the room service menu. We last went to the Palace about 5 years ago, so we are curious about what's new/different. Thanks in advance for your help!

oz
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

they make a salad in the italian place that has shrimp and a balsamic dressing very very good.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
4,645 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

Shrimp Cocktail

Steak Marsala (ribeye)

Bananas Foster

Mayan coffee(decaf) was EXCELLENT

Cheese stuffed pepper off the lunch menu, like a jalapeno popper but not as hot

oz
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
169 reviews
3. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

oooooooh I forgot about the banana foster........yummy

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

My favorite was the Mexican restaurant. I think I had grouper -but can't remember exactly what fish it was. It was excellent. They had great guacamole there too.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

Sometimes they have Poblano soup, very tasty. Ask for a fish taco, they will make for you.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

One of my favorite standby dishes from room service is the chicken caldo. They serve it with the chicken and vegetables (including avocado) in a bowl and the broth in a pitcher to pour over it. with rice on the side to be added also. Stays nice and hot that way.

They also used to have a soup in the Italian restaurant that was half spinach and half tomato. The poured from 2 pitchers in your bowl so it was stayed half and half. I was so good! wasnt on the menu last time but they still made it for me.

For kids, my daughters favorite for lunch by the pool are the fish fingers. very tasty fresh fish sticks!

West Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

Thanks, everyone for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
4,645 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

I dont know if this is a "dish" or not, although a couple of us thought so.

THE CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN

At lunchtime and sometimes at breakfast, they had a chocolate fountain going. I'd never seen one before, but one in our group knew quite a bit about it :) The deal was to take any of the pieces of fruit, bananas, apples, pears etc, and hold it in the fountain, covering it with chocolate. WOW!!! I want one in our kitchen, now LOL You can also go get some cake, cheesecake in particular, and choco-coat it. Never too old to learn a new trick!!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
454 posts
49 reviews
9. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

The Sea Bass at the Mexican restaurant - favorite meal of the week!

Anoka
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: Cozumel Palace - Favorite Dishes?

The queso fundito in the Mexican restaurant, also.