We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabor questions

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ct
Level Contributor
321 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sabor questions

Hi,

Looking to travel to this resort - possibly by myself. Does it have a 'safe feel' to it?? Speaking of safe - are there in-room safes? Also, are the fridges stocked daily with water nand beer. Also thinking of doing the Xel-Ha trip - is it worth it? Looking forward to a swim-out room and a nice beach to swim in and a relaxing time. Oh - need to make reservations for their restaurants? THANKS......

Maine, United States
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabor questions

The pool terrace rooms and islander rooms on the exclusive side have daily stocked refrigerators with beer soda and water. There are in room safes and from what I have read it is safe there. I have not been to Mexico so I can't tell you anything about what fun things to do. Yes you need to make reservations for the ala carte menu's. There are reviews on Xel-ha on trip advisor so that may help you. I am only going on the research I have done. The best feature for me of Sabor is the adults only aspect. Being with kids 24 hours a day every day is great but I sure am looking forward to that week without them.

West Michigan
Level Contributor
503 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabor questions

I cant reply about the SABOR, other than the reviews I have read have all said that it is a very safe place. We are going there in march. As for Xel-Ha, I have been there and would HIGHLY recommend it, HOWEVER, that was when we stayed in the riviera maya. As much as we enjoyed it, i dont know that I would want to travel there from Cozumel. Are you thinking of going with a tour or doing it on your own? It woudl be quite expensive for the ferry ride, transporation to xel-ha and the entrance costs of it. Not to mention the fact that there is so much to do there, personally, I would want a whole day to be at the park and not waste part of it traveling. It IS a wonderful place, I am just concerned that you will spend a lot of money and time getting there. (it is about 40 mins south of playa del carmen)

ct
Level Contributor
321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabor questions

THANKS for your replies. That is true about traveling off Cozumel to get to Xel-Ha and the added $$. I have stayed at Grand Sunset Princess in Riviera Maya twice and got spoiled with the swim-out rooms. Wanted to try something new this year, but really would like a swim-out. Also stayed at NOW Jade - it was just OK, but really liked GSP. Might do Sabor and swim with the dolphins there rather than going to Xel-Ha. Just want a relaxing time to swim on beach, in pools, read, have some drinks and sleep! THANKS again for the info. If I do book an excursion, I would probably do it when I book the trip so it is all scheduled and paid for. Usually book through Apple or Bookit. Happy travels.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabor questions

We have always felt extremely safe at Sabor.

You need reservations at the a la carte restaurants, but if you are in the exclusive area, you can eat all you want at Mosaique.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 12:05
boston
Level Contributor
88 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sabor questions

I have been to Xel-Ha. I was staying at a resort that was nearby and really rushed through to get back to my hotel. I can't imagine travelling from Cozumel to visit. There is so much to see and enjoy in Cozumel.

Maine, United States
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sabor questions

Do a little research on Chanknaab. It looks wonderful! I think from the videos and pictures I have seen it will be one of the highlights of my trip. They have the dolphin swim there too.

ct
Level Contributor
321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sabor questions

THANKS again. Does Sabor have a bus that goes into town and back? Would like to walk around and go to Margaritaville.

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sabor questions

No buses but taxis are always waiting at the resort & downtown to take you back.

I usually ask at the hotel how much a trip should be & then ask the taxi driver before I get in.

Have Fun!

Presho, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sabor questions

To go downtown is about $15-$20 each way. That is for the taxi so we try to find another couple to share with.

Sidney, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sabor questions

There is also no bottled water in room fridges, there are on each floor a water cooler with bottled water that you refill your own container.

Either save your water bottles from outside resort/and/or/ bring thermal mugs - which are great for drinking on the beach as then your drink will not get warm so fast......and saves you many trips to the bar....

There also was individual bottled water in the shop too.

The fridges were stocked with 2 DosXX, and 2 Cokes or Coke light if you requested it - we tipped the fridge guy well and he brought us extras....:)

The fridges work very well keeping things cold.