We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pizza and bikes!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Pizza and bikes!

Greetings experts....2 questions..

1. Can you recommend a bike rental service on the island?

2. Who has the best pizza on the island to pick up and take back to the condo?

Oh, and is there a "political" bar or restaurant on the island We'll be there for the election.

thanks again!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,491 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Pizza and bikes!

You'll find opinions all over the board....we'll be here on election night...and yes, we've voted.

Maybe Kelly's you can shout at the TV?

Pizza- Pizza Hut and Domino's deliver to the north zone. About $19 for a large. It might be easier to buy a frozen pizza at the new Mega and dress it up yourself with more ingredients.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Pizza and bikes!

Our fave pizza is from Sorrisi. We get the small Salome for about $11 and have enough for the next day. Last time I checked they did not deliver.

Also very good local pizza on 30th at Herradura's (sp), just north of Las Tortugas.

Check em all out and post your choice for best as well as best value!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,683 posts
159 reviews
3. Re: Pizza and bikes!

Everyone has their favorite. I try them all but always go back to Mosaicoz--in my opinion, Bianca has made the best wood oven pizza on the island for years. Its on the corner of the square, opposite the HSBC bank.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,491 posts
38 reviews
4. Re: Pizza and bikes!

The island’s salt water environment is hard on bikes. Consequently, not many places rent bicycles as they are difficult to maintain. Bikes are a great, cheap way to get around and allow you to see more things at a slower pace.

If you head North, you can ride quiet paved and dirt roads as far as Passion Island. Be sure to ride into the golf club as it is very pretty. If you ride into town, be sure to use a bike lock so your bike doesn’t go missing.

Places to rent bikes that I am aware of are:

• The Rentadora place across from the taxi dispatch on Calle 2, between Avenidas 5 & 10, on the North side of the street.

• Rentadora Gallo on Avenida 10 between Rosado Salas and Calle 1. Rentadora Gallo rents cars, scooters, and bikes.

5. Re: Pizza and bikes!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 December 2018, 07:09
minnesota
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Pizza and bikes!

i was just thinking of that this weekend where would be the best place for pizza on the island. tried pizza hut a couple of years ago and was not impressed at all. looking for more of a twist to it. so can anyone let me know where these places are at(or at least the vicinity of one) kinda know cozumel well and staying at el coz this year so maybe one is closer than the others thanks

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Pizza and bikes!

La Herradura does have great pizza...unfortunately, they are not making pizza until Dec 1st.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Pizza and bikes!

Pizza Hut & Sorissi are on Calle 3 a few steps east of the waterfront. Of all those recommended above, Guido's (on the waterfront between Calles 6 & 8 Norte) and Mosiacoz (outdoor cafe at the NE corner of the square, catty-corner from the orange pharmacy & across from the HSBC bank) have the best pizza IMO.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
48,683 posts
159 reviews
9. Re: Pizza and bikes!

Agree with ds2. I always forget to mention Guidos. Mosiacoz is my favorite but Guidos is also excellent. Pizza Hut is way at the bottom of my list-typical overpriced, not so good Pizza Hut.

10. Re: Pizza and bikes!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 08:18