We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

Seattle
4 posts
1 review
What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

My daughter has very bad reactions to mosquito bites. I've read horror stories about being eaten alive (obviously an exaggeration) in Cozumel. We were in Playa Del Carmen last March/April and had no problems. Is bugs a problem year round in Coz or just a certain time? TIA

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
8,305 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

We've traveled in March 5 times now and have never had any problems with mosquitos.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

We were there this past April and didn't see one bug or mosquito - and we were outside late into the evening.

Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
3. Re: What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

The end of December through April...hardly any bugs. Very dry. Totally beautiful weather, except for the occasional winter storm.

Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
4. Re: What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

We have been to Coz the last 3 years for my spring break during the last week of March and have had no problems with mosquitos. We went last year for Christmas, and used bug spray one night when we had dinner in the sand at Alberto's. That was the only time, and we only used it on our feet and ankles.

mn
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
5. Re: What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

I agree -have been to Coz once and Playa del Carmen twice in March - never a problem - but we still brought spray just in case.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

I'll have to also say, been there every year in April and haven't been bothered MOST of the times we were there. It probably has something to do with a lot of rain in the weeks before that. But I'm just guessing. Even then, we weren't bothered much. As posted here many times, take mosquito spray with Deet to play it safe.

Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
7. Re: What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

We were there during the month of March and can confirm there are no mosquitoes. My daughters also react horribly to mosquito bites, and we didn't see a one. I think the fall months are wet in Cozumel which brings them out and those are the reviews we've been seeing lately.

8. Re: What are mosquitos or bugs like in March/April in Cozumel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 08:18