We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for Dive Accomodations?

Marin County...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Recommendation for Dive Accomodations?

Any recommendation for a small place with dive shop on site or very close by? We are considering CaribBlu, LaFontan, Villa Aldora, or Villablanca.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,467 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Recommendation for Dive Accomodations?

I use Aldora as my dive group. If you dive with them, their location is location is north of town and I like diving with them as they permit you a certain amount of freedom during your dive. Villa Aldora accomodations are clean but not fancy. They are also tied into Fontan to a certain extent, but I am not sure the relationship is.

If you search the hotels, you should find a couple of reviews.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Recommendation for Dive Accomodations?

You've already narrowed it down to 4 good options so it sounds like you've done research already. I'd say you can't go wrong with any of these. Much will depend on the type of group you like to dive with and price. Aldora caters well to advanced divers, but Blue Angel at the Caribe Blu is a very solid outfit as well and they offer some nice deals.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,623 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Recommendation for Dive Accomodations?

Don't tell anyone but you do not have to have a hotel with an in-house dive shop.

IN general, if you are in town you can use a dive op that leaves from any of the in town piers. This includes Aldora, Aqua Safari, Blue ExtaSea and whoever else uses the "Aldora" pier. You could stay at the Bahia, Casa Mexicana, Vista del Mar, Colonial, or budget places like Mary Carmen or Pepita and just walk to the dive pier.

If you stay south of town many dive ops will pick up if the hotel has a pier. There are exceptions. I have never seen Aldora pick up at Scuba Club Cozumel. Maybe never at Caribe Blu either but I could be wrong.

4. Re: Recommendation for Dive Accomodations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 20:20