We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

Just looking at one of the latest reviews, and it seems that someone was "tricked" to going to cozumel palace and realized there was no actual beach. Amazing... how can one go to a place and not research? Of course the Palace website isn't going to highlight the fact that the beach isn't there, but RESEARCH!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

I looked at Palace resorts official website. There is not a picture of a sandy beach anywhere on their site. Just a pic of rocks at the waters edge. Experienced travelers who do lots of research would catch this, but they should be more clear and upfront.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,722 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

It really amazes me as to how many people can find the Tripadvisor site to complain on but weren't able to find it for research. Just a few minutes with the search bar could find unlimited numbers of photo album links, and even in the review section there are loads of USER submitted photos. TOO BAD they never tried any of those resources.

Gravenhurst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

And that's exactly why myself and a few select others sometimes cannot resist adding some humour to some of the threads.

Really folks, vacations are expensive. If you aren't willing to spend some time researching a property before you spend your hard earned money, start the "blame game" with yourself and then go from there, if necessary.

No beach at the Cozumel Palace?

Shocking!!

John from Ontario, Canada.

Gravenhurst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

I just read the review that I believe is the original topic of this post.

In the review, the author states that Cozumel is nothing more than a cruise ship stopover and that the entire island can be explored in as little as four hours.

The author is obviously a much more experienced traveller than I am with considerably better time-management skills.

I've been to the island five times now and there are still things that I want (and in one case, Punta Molas), NEED to explore.

Despite the obviously negative tone to the review, I did find it useful because I wasn't aware that cruise ships stopped at Cozumel.

John from Ontario, Canada.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,617 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

I made a comment about Park Royal and that the beach is not large. The point is to let people know up front about an important issue to many people. I got a PM asking why I hate Park Royal.

The fact is that I don't.

When I tell people that Coz Palace does not have a beach it is not because I hate Coz Palace, but want to try to reduce the incidents mentioned above.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

Cozumel Palace is VERY DECEPTIVE in their advertising...

I've been there many, many times and I've yet to find a King, Queen, Prince or Duke in that Palace!!!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

That is so true! They found time to come on TA to complain, and obviously they had to actually FIND cozumel palace on here in order to review it... so why not look at pictures or other reviews?

It's sad.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

This is just another example of a person not responsible for their own actions or in this case inaction (no research). The only thing I like about that review is that this person will probably never go back to Cozumel again, which is good for all of us! I do think they should say on their website no beach, but we all know anybody who is trying to sell anything, is not going to point out any negatives. I was there for 10 days and am planning another 10day trip and I sure did find plenty to do. This review just shows this persons ignorance. Man I need a Budweiser, but somebody told me it is not domestic to Mexico, why didn't Mexico put that on their website.

Brian

Gravenhurst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

msdiver / zman96:

Exactly!!

John.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
10. Re: Another one bites the dust... cozumel palace

The person who wrote the review has been a member on this site since 2004 and has even responded to a few forum post. I would have to say, they only have themselves to blame. Ripping on the Palace and the whole Island because you did not do your own homework is just not very cool.

The Palace's website is pretty up front, it says the Island is know for scuba and it even mentions the beach club, Playa Mia.

"They did a great job on their website of hiding the biggest flaw of the hotel . . . there is NO BEACH HERE AND NO EASY OCEAN ACCESS FOR SWIMMING. Be warned!" ????

Did they not read there website either?

FROM PALACE RESORT WEBSITE:

FACILITIES/ ENTERTAINMENT

If you are a snorkeler or diver, chances are you know about Palancar Reef, the second largest coral reef in the world. If you are one of those who prefer to remain above the waves you can enjoy a fun-filled day on fishing arranged tour by our staff, or simply soak up the sun by the pool. You can also explore the area on unlimited select tours or rent a car on property and tour the island independently.

2 outdoors pools including an infinity pool

Swim up bar

Kiddie pool

Dive tank

Scuba diving demonstration

Fitness center

Pool volleyball & basketball

10 spa treatment rooms ($)

Non-motorized water sports at Playa Mia Grand Beach Park (*)

Kids Club (ages 4-12)

Children's playground

Table games

Daily activities

Theme parties or shows nightly

(*) Playa Mia Grand Beach Park is located about 8 miles from the resort. There is round trip transportation available from Monday through Saturday with one departure daily. At the club, guests are entitled to the use of the facilities, towels, lounge chairs and non-motorized water sports. Beverages, meals and gift shop items are not included.