We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Ellon, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Hi All,

We are still going despite everything thats been said. Me, partner and son aged 6 yrs. If anyone is still going (and there doesn't seem to be that many of us left), lets arrange to meet in the bar and laugh about how great the HVWS and how right we were to stick with it!

Be nice to know we won't be the only ones there.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
331 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

hi pom,

wondered when you would start your own thread!

hopefully we will have laughed about how great the place is it the 2 weeks previous at the bar with likeminded friends.

I know there is still loads out there like us still going so come on and join the parties we intend to have over the next month

you will have a great time pom i am sure

lynz is back this weekend so we will hopefully see a great honest review on her return to uk

speak soon

yorky x

Ellon, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
2. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Morning Yorky,

Only seven days till you go, you are travelling down to London on the Friday aren't you?

We are also travelling down on the Friday and staying overnight in hotel at Gatwick. Aberdeen airport sometimes closes due to fog (which can sometimes last for days!) so better safe than sorry. If it was closed on the when we are going could always drive down.

Settled on a little currency and travellers cheques with cards safely put away to discourage excessive spending, especially at the airport.

You must be so excited. I am excited for you.

xx

Romford, Essex
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
3. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Hello Pom8

Me and my partner are still going aswell on the 12th really excited!!! Allot of the complaints made seem minor and over exaggerated!! What currency are you using?

Ellon, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
4. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Hi Amie,

Really deliberated over this but decided in the end to take dollars and travellers cheques and you?

I looked at all the photos the other day and they don't look that bad to me. You could take pictures like that anywhere (maybe not the pool ones).

x

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
5. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Hi All,

OO lucky you, we dont fly out till 20th July....and cant wait. Makes a change to come into the forum and find others still looking forward to going to HVWS despite the niggly reviews. have to say the only disturbing piccy posted was the pool, but i prefer the sea anyway!!!! having been to MEixco twice year before last (Viva Wyndham Maya)and seen general maintenance following a hurricane during our stay, the other pics look nothing out of the ordinary to me so my expectations arn't unrealistic.

Cath

Ellon, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
6. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Hi All

Cath and Amie, This is indeed a positive sight. Glad to see there are still some of us looking forward to our two weeks in the Mexican Sun at the wonderful Holiday Village Whitesands (in good working order though could maybe do with a bit of maintenance!)

Even my son and partner are now starting to get excited, I've been excited since I booked it. They are almost sick of me speaking about it.

Will have to arrange a meet, I will speak to Yorky about bars and stuff and see where they are all meeting.

Adios amigos

21 sleeps

Luton
Level Contributor
26 posts
106 reviews
7. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Hi all,

Just wanted stop in and say HI. Likewise we aint giving up on the resort, were flyin in on the 19th July and cant wait.

I must say FC have always been very good in the past, so I think it will be alright on the night.

Cya there all

Ellon, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
8. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Hello r2602,

I used to live in Luton, many, many years ago.

Glad to hear you are not giving up on HVWS. Where are you flying from? I think you come out for our second week, will definately post and let you know what its really like.

Have no worries, I think it will be a great holiday.

Off out for evening, catch up with you all tomorrow.

x

Sunderland
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
9. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

Hi Pom,

Got your message, cheers....still going BUT our agent rang us today to say FC have said to them there will be bloody building work going on past the 20th July....suppose at least they admit it now like...offered us full refund even with 4 weeks to go.

keep the faith i suppose.

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
10. Re: HVWS, 12th - 26th july. Is anyone still going ? ? ? ?

HI...rang first choice out of curiosity-no i not jumpin ship n have intensions of doin so! n they said a letter is on its way statin that relaxation pool will be closed til 26th July- half way through my hol. Well i do my relaxin on the beach- have the sea to cool down- and have other pools to hit if i, husband n 3 children choose!!! Hows that for being posotive:))

20th July......countin down