We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cozumel snorkeling

Defiance Ohio
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
cozumel snorkeling

I am looking for a snorkling trip for my family. we prefer a smaller group than a large tour any suggestions?

Cozumel, Mexico
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cozumel snorkeling

I can recommend a good friend, Victor Casanova. He has a company called Wildcat. He was in the dive business for many years and now does snorkel and fishing tours. It is a small operation that he personally oversees. His email is wildcatcozumel@hotmail.com. He could give y a very personalized service for your family.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cozumel snorkeling

I second Terri's idea wholeheartedly!!.......great guy who delivers great service and has years of experience.

I would add too that he also does fishing trips for anyone interested.

Betsy

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cozumel snorkeling

Whoops-------didn't notice that Terri had already mentioned the fishing tours!!.......my bad!

Betsy

mn
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cozumel snorkeling

Hi sunlover - it may also depend on where you are staying. A lot of resorts have trips available from their own dock. We stayed at El Coz, and as novice snorkelers, thought that snorkeling even at the hotel was great. We did a 3 reef snorkel tour right from the El Coz (left at 10:00 a.m.), so no taxi's or anything, think the cost might have been 35/per person? Don't quote me on that. We were there during heavy Spring Break time (end of March) and certainly didn't feel it was a large group. Maybe 30 people but it was a large catamaran that could probably fit 70. We went to Playa Palancar (I could be way wrong on this name but something like that) Money Bar a.k.a. Dzul ha, and some place with a sunken submarine (hard to see but still cool). On the way back we had cocktails and fresh fruit and back at the resort by 1:30 p.m. Since it's an earlier day trip, no worries about bringing the kids and worrying about grown ups getting too wild, just won't happen. Hope this helps - have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Playa Palancar
Playa Palancar
1,080 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Defiance Ohio
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cozumel snorkeling

Thanks for the info I will check them out. Last year we did a trip with edventure tours and that was wonderful, so I want that small atmosphere but see different locations.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cozumel snorkeling

Hey, sunlover.... I suggest you check out Albatros Charters for a wonderful family snorkel trip. You can arrange for your family to use one of their smaller boats for a private trip. First class service! www.albatroscharters.com Just email them and ask for more info.

Mentioned in this post
Albatros
Albatros
1,128 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cozumel Charters
Cozumel Charters
332 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
7. Re: cozumel snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 23:19