We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

New York
Level Contributor
147 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

Hi all,

I realize this may be an oxymoron, but just out of curiosity I was wondering if there are any smaller accommodations in Cozumel that are all-inclusive. I'm planning to go in June, and want to relax for 3-4 nights. Amenities and stuff to do nearby would be great. Looking at Park Royal right now but wondering if there's anything more intimate?

Thanks in advance!

Rockwood, Michigan
Level Contributor
705 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

Try looking at the Melia at the North end of the island. Also Playa Azul. I can't remember if Azul is all inclusive or not.

Good Luck

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

Azul isn't but includes breakfast. The smallest AI in Coz is the Palace with less than 200 rooms. There are some great, small hotels but none are AI.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

As in more intimate, I would check out the Bed and Breakfasts, and venture out locally for lunch and dinner. I dont think you will find an AI under 100 rooms. I think the cost factor is not effective.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

The Aura Cozumel (a Wyndham property) is a boutique hotel with less than 100 rooms and is all inclusive. it is also 18+ only, so no families.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/CZMGB/main.wnt

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

I second the Melia, pretty small and nicely spread out so that it never feels like many people are there.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

Also you are only $5 cab ride to town, and if you walk north on the beach there are only a few vacation homes. No more resorts so you have the beach to yourself.

Warrensburg, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

You may want to check out the Elcozumeleno. My family and I just returned from there and it was absolutly wonderful. We got a great rate also.

Check out the reviews. There is a link to the left of this page.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
653 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

Some one help me out here but I think I read Casa Del Mar has an inclusive option. It seems smaller than all the others listed.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
8,151 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

You're right...Casa del Mar does have an all-inclusive option. (or did when we were there the end of February) I don't remember what the cost was ....I feel like it was $60 per day per person but only included certain limited drink choices. Since breakfast was included anyway it didn't make sense for us. (you won't be pampered there though if that is what you are looking for)

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
8,151 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Such a thing as small hotel that's all-inclusive?

Actually when I think about it, I think the cost was $60 per day per couple. $30 per person.