We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PADI Online Course - What next?

Texas
9 posts
Save Topic
PADI Online Course - What next?

I am about to finish taking my PADI Online course. I will be in Coz at the Melia in 2 weeks. Can I do all my certification dives there? What would the cost be? Thanks

Connecticut
Level Contributor
57 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PADI Online Course - What next?

Contact Aqua world in Cancun they can set you up.www.aquaworld.com.mx

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PADI Online Course - What next?

Don't you need to do some pool dives before you do your Open Water Certification? We did our didactic work locally along with our pool dives(this was before olnilne courses were available). Our referral dives were in Coz and took two days. We went through Scuba Tony and were very happy with him. We went out on the boat with him, his captain and just my husband and myself. He gave us a lot of extra tips that we did not cover in class. I hear very good things about Aqua Safari and their referral dives as well. Two weeks is cutting it close. You may want to check in with your local dive op to make sure you are covered to do your referral dive. Have fun! Warning-diving is very addictive!

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PADI Online Course - What next?

Unfortunately, you have to do pool dives prior to your open water checkouts. In Lieu of the pool dives you can also do 6 open water dives but the price is based on just the 4 chaeck out dives. Be prepared to pay anywhere from $175 to $250 for the 4 dives. However, please compare apples to apples. Some shops with a lower price will charge you for rental gear which adds to the price and most of them only offer shore dives while others offer boat dives, i.e. Scuba Tony, Albatros Charters.

Whatever you do and however you decide to do it, most important thing is have fun out there! Welcome to the club...

Burak

Mentioned in this post
Albatros
Albatros
1,127 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cozumel Charters
Cozumel Charters
332 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PADI Online Course - What next?

I suggest you contact a dive shop in COZUMEL....

Contacting a dive shop in Cancun is not a good idea...

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
5. Re: PADI Online Course - What next?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 23:16