We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples massage

5 posts
Save Topic
Couples massage

Wife and I are planning a trip to Cozumel we are considering a couples massage. My wife is very modest and is apprehensive about having to undress in the beach hut. Also state of undress of others, what can we expect? Most picture show people only covered with a towel

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
12 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples massage

Where are you staying? Your hotel/resort might offer them. If you're staying at a condo or villa there are folks who will come to your place...total privacy. You don't HAVE to have the massages on the beach if your wife doesn't want to. She doesn't HAVE to completely undress if she doesn't want to.

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples massage

We realize there are places to get a private massage. But the attraction is having it done on the beach. But my wife's concern is lifting her head and having completely naked people there. She would feel uncomfortable

Edited: 19 April 2018, 07:43
Lk Stevens Wa
Level Contributor
780 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples massage

I've had dozens of beach massages on Coz and others and I've never seen a nakey body. I must be going to the wrong places. Jk...many, if not most beach resorts offer some kind of massage on the beach...swim suit included.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples massage

Your head is down and your eyes are closed. Not sure what the attraction is with the beach massage. Best wishes.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,725 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples massage

I've been on many beaches and have yet to see a bunch of oily, naked people frolicking in the massage huts. She'll be fine. She can leave her bathing suit on, if she chooses.

Hastings, Nebraska
Level Contributor
82 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples massage

My wife and I were in Cozumel last week and had a couples massage at Playa Palancar beach club on the edge of the beach. Close enough to hear the ocean. There were only 2 tables there and it is located off to the side of the beach club so fairly private. Neither one of us got naked. Once my wife was face down on the table her bikini top was unhooked, her bottoms left on and the massage started. I took off my shirt and loosened my shorts. May have had some butt crack showing because massage went head to upper hips and thighs to feet. Never felt uncomfortable or on display. Totally professional.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa Palancar
Playa Palancar
1,088 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples massage

They have the very same kind of set up at Playa Corona....2 tables, off to the side. I'm usually sweaty, sandy and salty when at the beach and don't fancy a massage there. Cheers.

Arizona City...
Level Contributor
457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples massage

We had massages at Playa Corona Beach Club and they are awesome. It was only one lady so we had to go one at a time. But she was amazing. Last summer. Maybe if you visited ahead of time they would set up a couples massage.

Jackson, Missouri
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples massage

check out the spa at Playa Azul off the beach and private but pricey

Mentioned in this post
Playa Azul
Playa Azul
177 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples massage

I would like to get nakey for my massage, is that an option at one of the beach resorts? Have any of you seen it or better yet done it?

Reply to: Couples massage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted