We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riviera Maya AI honeymoon recommendations, help!

4 posts
Save Topic
Riviera Maya AI honeymoon recommendations, help!

I'm counting on the good people of TA to help me decide on an AI resort in the Maya-- staying 10 days in December of this year. Like all the reviews for Le Blanc in Cancun, but like the central location and more laid back atmosphere in Riviera Maya. Is there a resort like Le Blanc in Riviera Maya? Any suggestions would help, but want the place to be special-- THANKS!

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riviera Maya AI honeymoon recommendations, help!

I would suggest Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun. It is about 20 miles south of Cancun. Very quiet, laid back, romantic, elegant. Great food, drinks, service, rooms, spa, grounds, pools. You can find more info on SERC on the Puerto Morelos forum. Keep in mind it will be just Excelence Riviera Cancun soon, as the owners are taking back management from AMResorts.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riviera Maya AI honeymoon recommendations, help!

Also check these reviews:

I hope this helps,

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE Cancun Travel Survey Guide Book

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
628 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riviera Maya AI honeymoon recommendations, help!

My wife and I stayed at Secrets Excellence for honeymoon and it was the most fantastic vacation!! We stayed in the Excellence Club so our room had an ocean view! The honeymoon package that includes the dinner on the beach and the couples massage was well worth it!!

We received some of the best service I have ever experienced! Absolutely the finest people in the world.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Cancun, Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riviera Maya AI honeymoon recommendations, help!

You may like Aventura Spa. It is run by the same people as LeBlanc, is AI, adults only and is in the Riviera Maya. It is a beautiful resort and spa and you will be pampereed to death. It has much of the same things as LeBlanc, but a bigger resort.

We got married at Aventura and also honeymooned there and everything was perfect. There are many honeymooners at this resort and it was picked in the top 10 Honeymoon spots in 2005 Modern Bride Magazine.

If you want any more information, just ask or go to the Tulum form. Also, I have pictures posted on Trip Asvisor's Review Page for Aventura Spa Palace. They are under "Travelers Candid Photos", mine say reallady or tiamo1420.

5. Re: Riviera Maya AI honeymoon recommendations, help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 21:21
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question