We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal in cancun illnesses updates?

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Royal in cancun illnesses updates?

does anybody have any updates regarding the illness problems a lot of people are having?

is it the food? if so which?

are the hotel management doing anything about it?

we are leaving to go there on 15th may and are very concerned about the problems.

West Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Royal in cancun illnesses updates?

I'm leaving before you, and am also very interested in this topic. Hopefully, someone will post something soon! Best of luck to you and yours for your trip to be happy and healthy.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
860 posts
739 reviews
2. Re: Royal in cancun illnesses updates?

Read both PDC and Cancun Royal threads. People posting there frequently and probably not going to be posting here also. The illness is alive and well and as of this morning. The Royal is still saying it is "just a rumor". They toot their safety protocol while saying nothing is wrong.

Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
3. Re: Royal in cancun illnesses updates?

I have a few friends that are at RC right now and have been for over a week. They have not seen or heard of anyone being sick . We leave for The Royal in Cancun on Saturday - it is our 5th trip - I have never seen or heard of anything like I have read on TA mainly on the RPDC forum.

I do know that the resort is award winning and I have toured their kitchen - eat off the floor clean . I have never been sick , only hung over. My friend cracked a tooth and they had him a list of dentist , cab called in 30 min and then continued to check on him . This is. Typical service for them .

I agree something seems out of place . I'm just hoping what ever it is , it gets resolved quickly .

saint louis
7 posts
4. Re: Royal in cancun illnesses updates?

And, did you get sick on your trip? We leave in a few weeks and I'm a bit nervous about the problem.

5. Re: Royal in cancun illnesses updates?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 14:17