We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Champaign
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

My husband and I just returned from a stay at the all-inclusive Iberostarr Cancun and loved it. However, we thought that there may not be enough for our teenage boys (15 & 17) to do, since they didn't offer any snorkeling or water sports on sight. Any suggestions for AIl-Inclusive resorts that teens would love in the Cancun or Riviera Maya area?

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

Club Med in Cancun.

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
803 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

any ones that are a bit more affordable? i just checked club med, yowsa! c'mon mark, give us some ideas!lol!

North Wales...
Level Contributor
357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

I am looking for resorts with water activities, especially good on site snorkeling. Any suggestions? We stayed at Barcelo Maya Colonial in Riviera Maya Puerto Aventuras and the snorkeling off the beach was better than any snorkeling trip we ever took! All kinds of fish, stingrays, manta rays, turtles swimming right beside you! Is there anything like this in Cancun or anywhere else in Mexico? We will also be traveling with two young adults (21 and 22) so there needs to be a disco or some night life too! Thanks!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

Sorry, Club Med prices dropped for a while on Orbitz, I know it's way overpriced.

Our family liked Great Parnassus, it's hard to snorkel off the Cancun beach because the surf is pretty tough, it's calmer in front of Club Med, we stayed at the Westin next to it and snorkelled there. We stayed in Puerto Morelos in April and they had great snorkling a quick boat ride away at the reef in puerto Morelos, the beach at Marina el Cid was horrendous though.

Plenty of great hotels in playa del Carmen where the beach is calmer, we stayed at The Reef Playacar three times.

Edited: 22 September 2012, 11:10
san diego
Level Contributor
193 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

Have you checked into the Palace resorts? The Palace Resorts have had a good resort credit promo going which could get your family some extra benefits for free or reduced prices. Hard Rock Cancun (used to be Cancun Palace) is going to have their grand opening in Oct. so they may have some extra benefits for teens as well.

Edited: 23 September 2012, 05:50
Cobourg,ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

Hi,

FYI Club med is having a sale right now that ends tonight...great discounts if you can travel after Dec31st..we are looking at going Jan1st and the price drops almost in half. the activities sound amazing at this resort!!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

Palace resorts- reason? They have the $1500 credit which can be used for tours :) GREAT tours too! We did some of them :) Beach Palace perhaps?

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

Just wondering why the beach was so horrid?? We are staying there in January. I know that it is a little rockier than most and that we'll need to pack water shoes but was it dirty or something like that?? Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,734 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

twflyers......which beach?

10. Re: Best All-Inclusive Resort for Teens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 December 2012, 07:05