We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency conversion chart

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
334 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Currency conversion chart

I use this every time I travel. The website provides a table (traveler's cheatsheet" which you can use to help you convert amounts between both currencies. Here is a link with today's USD-MXN (Us dollar to Mexican Peso) conversion.

http://goo.gl/wiIFx

You can easily print it out and I usually plastify it with clear tape so it lasts the whole week and keep it on me at all times.

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
278 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency conversion chart

Thank you! Nice website:)

Chelmsford, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency conversion chart

Really helpful - have printed a copy! Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
334 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency conversion chart

Might I suggest that you print out a copy the day before you leave to make sure you have the latest possible exchange rates on your cheat sheet.

Enjoy!

PA
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency conversion chart

Thx Kid,,, I've done this for years.....Great tool... I get the "cheat sheet" laminated at Office Max...

Not to mention, I've posted this a few times on this site... Always good to repeat...

Edited: 03 March 2012, 10:44
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency conversion chart

Thanks for the link, will definitely print a copy to take with us. Traveling from Canada would you suggest taking peso's, Cad or USD?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,061 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Currency conversion chart

If from Canada, get your pesos before you go or use ATMs there

Otherwise you lose a few % in getting US $ and then a few % in paying in US$ in Mexico

Also remember these charts use international rates - vendors don't always honour these and likely will give a rate from 10-12 to 1

Yahoo has been providing these charts for years

Edited: 04 March 2012, 14:50
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,876 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currency conversion chart

There are apps available, too - I've got 1-2 on each of my devices.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,061 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Currency conversion chart

So when the vendor only gives you 10 or 11 to 1 rate, show them your app with the internation rate of 12.6

Let me know how you make out

PA
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Currency conversion chart

Vancouver,, It's not meant to be accurate: it's just giving u an "idea" ....If the price is $439 MX; can u calculate off the top of ur head? ...I can't... Go with the flow, Dude...

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,876 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Currency conversion chart

<So when the vendor only gives you 10 or 11 to 1 rate, show them your app with the internation rate of 12.6

Let me know how you make out>

The sarcasm or whatever that was, was not really called for. The original post discussed the fact that websites are available to track currency exchange rates and keep that information close to you. I merely added that there are apps that track this as well.

As for my personal experience, I use the ATM and take out cash/pesos for my cash purchases and use my credit card for all else.