We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

My husband and I are looking at going to Cancun feb 13 for our anniversary. Yes that is less than 2 weeks. We thought we were getting a good deal to Hawaii thru a friend that fell thru so since we are already off we thought we would go to Cancun for just 4 nights. We have been before but it was way back in 96 and 97. We would love to have a jacuzzi in the room. We just want to go to relax and hang out on the beach. Oh, and a massage! We do not want to spend over 2000 and want all inclusive. I have been looking at Gran Caribe Real Cancun (funjet for 1845) or Crown Paradise Club (about the same price on funjet). Any opinions? We need to book fast. We are planning a big vacation in May with our 9 and 11 year old boys so this is just a little romantic get away. Help!! I need to hurry! Oh, and any thoughts on using funfet.com?

West Monroe, LA
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

I've never been to Crown Paradise Club, but from what I can tell, it's more geared towards families with young children. Since you are going for your anniversary, I wouldn't think this would be the one you'd want to go with. No info on the other resort you mentioned. We like the Riu Palace and Palace resorts. (Sun Palace is adult only). Those may not be in your price range. Seems like a lot of people on the board like the Golden Parnassus, but we've never been. Good luck.

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

And it does not have to be those two hotels. I am just running out of time and do not have much time to keep searching. I am a nurse and work 12 hour night shifts so making it hard to spend a lot of time searching! Need to hurry or we are going to end up with a week off and stuck in OK snow for our anniversary! lol

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

I seen the Crown looked geared for kids. Even thought about taking my kids. But the jacuzzis in the room look nice! Anyone else know of any that have jacuzzis in the room?

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

Just looked at Sun Palace and it looks very nice but is around 2800 for 4 nights. Really more than I want to spend since this is just a quick get a way and still want our big family vacation.

minnesota
Level Contributor
720 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

All Palace resorts have jacuzzis in the room. I know the Beach Palace and Cancun Palace are slightly less than the Sun.

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

We're going to Le Blanc in May for a wedding, and it sounds perfect for what you've described, plus they're running a promotion with "bonus" credits you can use at at the spa, among other things. Trip Advisor's top rated hotel in Cancun- take a look...

And you'll be there for Valentine's Day- we always go away for V-Day, without the kids. It's our mid-winter sanity check :)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
18,281 posts
189 reviews
7. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

Have you checked the larger "Quintana Roo" area - maybe Riviera Maya (south of Cancun) or Puerto Morelos ?? I've never priced them out, but there might be additional resort offerings.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
8. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

Moon palace also has jacuzzis in room and is cheaper then sun or beach palace. The Royal has in room jacuzzis as well but may be booked for that week.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
73 posts
9. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

Secrets Capri or Silversands or Maroma Beach...all 3 Secrets properties are Adults only, All inclusive and top notch! My boyfriend and I just got back from Secrets Silversands and just absoslutely LOVED it!!! Check it out!!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,951 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: help picking a romantic hotel and fast!!

Did anyone even bother to read the OP's post? She has a tight budget for the trip. LeBlanc and many of the other top resorts will not be in her price range for this trip.

May I suggest looking at Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity for last minute deals? Also, cheapcaribbean.com. You might score a good deal. If you are flying out of an area with charter flights, check those as they could bring the cost down, too. Airfare is high this year for many locations and drives up the cost of a quick trip.

Good luck,

Cheryl