We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun at the end of July

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun at the end of July

Hi, we'd like to visit the Cancun area the last 2 weeks of July. We realise it's inside the Hurricane season but this is the best time for us to go. Has anyone else been at this time of year?

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
5 replies to this topic
Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
227 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun at the end of July

I was there the first 2 weeks of August last year, the weather was very hot and humid. It rained for 2 days as a tropical storm blew in but apart from that it was sunny everyday. You will want to be near the pool or ocean which is a perfect temperature at this time of year. Unless a tropical storm is near by I would ignore the weather forecasts as they always shows rain when it seldom does.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun at the end of July

Thanks for the info, I get the feeling the hurricanes are more mid August onwards.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
227 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun at the end of July

Yes it's usually more more late August/September you get hurricanes. The last hurricane to hit Cancun was in 2005 so they don't happen that often here.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun at the end of July

July can be rainy but the chance of it raining every day for a number of days is rare. I only recall one July where it rained 7 days straight that was 5 or 6 years ago and it was not fun for the tourists or residents. July is one of the best months to swim with the whale sharks. This is amazing and something you should look into! I love the summer while it is hot and humid, the water temps are warm and it is perfect beach and pool weather.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun at the end of July

Thanks, it's the beach and the Caribbean Sea we're looking forwards to. Sounds great.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Reply to: Cancun at the end of July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted