We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 2018 Rain Forecast

Glen Mills...
1 post
Save Topic
May 2018 Rain Forecast

I am going to Secret Silver Sands next week. The forecast is for rain or Thunderstorms everyday. Am I going to be washed out?

5 replies to this topic
Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
320 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 2018 Rain Forecast

Errr no,please read some of the many recent threads on the subject

Edited: 15 May 2018, 04:21
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: May 2018 Rain Forecast

this is what I want to know. We arrive on May 26 and are there for a week! Do I cancel and reschedule for the winter months? don't want to get washed out!

Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: May 2018 Rain Forecast

I arrive in 5/31 and had same questions but if you read all the posts from the last week or so you will see many people are there now without rain. Apparently these apps are so wrong. My hour by hour shows clouds rain and thunderstorms every day all day and the people there are saying no it’s sunny. I’m not looking at just the percent of chance of rain, I’ve been looking at the hour by hour which was bad! I guess don’t look at the forecasts and hope for the best! Enjoy

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May 2018 Rain Forecast

The rain in Cancun is so unpredictable, I don't think even the weather app's will give you a good idea of what to expect. I have been living here for a while now and the rain has picked up in recent weeks as we are now beginning the rainy season. I would not get too worried about rain. It can literally rain in the downtown area and not rain in the Hotel Zone. Enjoy your trip. Either way you look at it, you are going to have an amazing time.

Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: May 2018 Rain Forecast

The last week of rainy days has been due to a tropical storm... it’s now moving on

Hoping for sunny days for those who are there now

Reply to: May 2018 Rain Forecast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted