We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd Trip in June

Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
2nd Trip in June

We’re taking our second trip to Cancun next month.

Last year we visited Isla Mujeres, el Rey ruins, the aquarium at La Isla mall, shopped at Mercado 23 and 28, did the pirate dinner cruise,

We definitely plan to go back to the island and to visit one of the bigger sets of ruins on our trip this year. What are some other inexpensive, family friendly activities we can try? We’ll have our kiddos ages 15,13,10 and 7.

I’ve looked at the hydro bounce thing at aquaworld? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
315 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd Trip in June

The jungle tour where you drive your own speedboat in the lagoon then snorkel on a reef in the ocean is reletively inexpensive

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd Trip in June

Ditto post #1.

My favorite and I keep doing it over and over because it's so much fun and so only two two two and a half hours long. On top of that the Price Is Right

Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2nd Trip in June

I'll look into that. Thank you both!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
63 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2nd Trip in June

We were in Cancun in April - kids are 12 and 15. We enjoyed the Jungle Tour with AquaWorld as well. Another suggestion is to visit one of the adventure parks - Xcaret, Xplor, or Xel-Ha - for a day. We went to Xel-Ha and kids had a great time.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,801 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2nd Trip in June

For many years I took my friends on these small speed boats in the lagoon. But see Lagoon is now so polluted I really try to avoid it. But can be fun if you don't swim in it.

Villa Ridge...
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2nd Trip in June

Look up Pedro Vega of Shut Up and Fish on Facebook. He not only does fishing trips, but also does snorkeling trips, will pretty much do whatever you want.

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2nd Trip in June

This year when you visit Isla consider taking a cooking class, an art class or walking the rescue dogs at Isla Animals, our kids and visiting kids love doing those activities. They also love a day at Ventura Park a big water park in the Hotel Zone.

Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2nd Trip in June

Thank you all for the suggestions!!

I think we would all really enjoy taking a cooking class!!

Do you have any particular suggestions for that?

Reply to: 2nd Trip in June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted