We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico in September

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico in September

We are looking at booking a holiday to Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun does anyone have any feedback, good bad what are mozzys like at this time? :)

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
3 replies to this topic
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico in September

I haven't stayed at Sapphire so not sure about the bugs. September can be very hot and humid. So a place with great shade is impt. It is peak hurricane season but we have gone with no issues. The prices are the best in Sept due to this. Lots of good deals to be had. Be sure you have insurance that covers hurricanes etc. We had a wonderful trip last Sept. It wasn't crowded. Lots of sunscreen and pool/ocean time for sure...oh and lots of cold drinks!!!

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico in September

We did stay in Puerto Morelos in July and I did get quite a few bites on my legs. More of a no-seeum type of bug though I think. The bites were extremely itchy. My husband didn't get a bite. I am a magnet for them though haha!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico in September

It's low season so it should be a bargain. (Low season starts in September and continues until arguably well into December just before Christmas) It's hot in Sept and super humid (among the hottest months of the year) and often rainy. It is the peak of the hurricane season.

Reply to: Mexico in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted