We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temptation or breathless

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Temptation or breathless

I’m trying to decide between these two hotels in Cancun. I’m a single girl in forties. I want to go somewhere that there is more singles and most fun. Has anyone been to either of those resorts to give any feedback? Thanks 🙏

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
10 replies to this topic
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temptation or breathless

Breathless would be more upscale. Temptations has had a renovation. It used to attract a lot of swingers but not sure if that is the case anymore. Read lots of reviews and you can ask questions to people that have been there before.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
590 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Temptation or breathless

Temptation is not a nude resort, but they do allow topless, and tend to attract a very open minded crowd.

Many are young, but several of all ages. I've been there twice - once way back, and once way way back, when it was Blue Bay. I don't really like what the resort has become (but you might) as a lot of the late night dancing and partying seems to be mostly groups of people who correspond before they go, dress for "theme nights" etc.

Have not been to Breathless, but I believe it is a more upscale resort, that is lively -- but to my knowledge not as "open minded" as Temptation. Probably will cost more, maybe quite a bit more? Or maybe Temptation costs more now, after their pretty swanky renovation.

Mentioned in this post
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
10,469 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temptation or breathless

Breathless is definitely more upscale, but personally I REALLY want to try Temptation since it's been renovated. They have a couple of restaurants I really want to try.

4. Re: Temptation or breathless

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 May 2018, 09:32

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temptation or breathless

Thank you! I did decide to go to Breathless, i heard the same it is a much nicer property and more upscale. 😊

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temptation or breathless

Thanks for the input. I decided on Breathless. Actually prices ware around the same. I went through Cheap Caribbean . I was happy with them last time. 😊

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temptation or breathless

Temptation is tempting , I wonder if they do day passes just to try out.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Temptation or breathless

Breathless is a great choice. It should be a lot more than Temptations so great decision.

Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Temptation or breathless

My best friend and I, both ladies will be staying at the temptation from June 29th to July 4th. We so can't wait.

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Temptation or breathless

Funnn!!! Do let us know how it goes 🎉🎉🍷🍷

Reply to: Temptation or breathless
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted