We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo suggestions

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Condo suggestions

We booked "V-7 Oceanfront Paradise Penthouse 2br 2ba condo" through VRBO in February of 2018, we paid the $1300 deposit and proceeded to book airfare for our trip. Fast forward to today when I received notification from VRBO that the owner of the property had cancelled my reservation. I reached out via email to see what had happened and received no response. I was able to reach a woman by calling a phone number that was in the reservation, who then told me that she would get back to me. Roughly 5 minutes later the owner Yonathan messaged me "You don't fit the profile we are looking for, we are not comfortable". When I inquired further, he told me to find somewhere else to stay....Condo has been re-listed for the dates we had reserved for 3 times the price that we had rented it for....I have since lodged a formal complaint with VRBO, but would highly recommend anyone looking to book this place do so cautiously....The owner typically attacks anyone who provides negative reviews on VRBO, but if your curious look at their AirBNB ad where it shows how frequently the owner/manager cancels bookings on people....

As we now have airfare booked but no condo, any recommendations for a family friendly beachfront condo over christmas? We're looking to spend $4k or less and would like to have 2 bedrooms...

Edited: 12 May 2018, 12:00
5 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,940 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo suggestions

Look at the Royal Resorts. They have 2 bedroom villas. How weird! Royal Sands, Royal Islander and Royal Cancun would all have 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, living room, dining room, veranda villas available.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort
The Royal Cancun All...
2,729 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive
The Royal Sands Resort...
5,390 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
The Royal Islander All Suites Resort
The Royal Islander All...
2,437 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
458 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo suggestions

You may want to look into Beachscape Kin Ha.

en.beachscape.com.mx/…

Edited: 13 May 2018, 04:09
Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo suggestions

Thanks for the recommendation, but it looks like they are already booked up during the time we are going to be in Cancun.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo suggestions

Thanks I will check them out

colorado
Level Contributor
263 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo suggestions

Never have good luck with VRBO ever .. Now all we use to book a condo is redweek.com. Look to see what they have ..

Reply to: Condo suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted