We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Maya or Fiesta Americana Condesa?

3 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Maya or Fiesta Americana Condesa?

We're coming to Mexico in June next year from the UK and can't decide between these two resorts. I have been to Cancun twice before staying at the Hyatt Zilara (when it was The Royal Cancun) and Riu Cancun. We prefered the Riu because of the fun atmosphere, beautiful water and food but there is no kids pool and we are taking two toddlers this time.

I would be grateful for any advice or help from anyone who is familiar with both the Barcelo Maya Resort (not the Palace section) and the Fiesta Americana Condesa. From reviews it seems like the foods better at the FAC but more to do and more night shows etc at the Barcelo. We're looking for somewhere lively but family orientated with nice buffet food (as a la cartes might not work well with toddlers) and nice beach and water colour (we were mesmerised at the Riu).

2 replies to this topic
Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Maya or Fiesta Americana Condesa?

I only been to fiesta and it’s amazing!! The food, lively pool, beach and service is all awesome!! The water color is so deep aqua like the color of windex!! The only thing is the ocean is rough along this Long Beach. The top of Cancun is not as rough but the water isn’t as clear and aqua. Good luck deciding!

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Maya or Fiesta Americana Condesa?

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am a bit worried about the rough water with young kids and the Barcelo seems to be calmer but I'm worried ill regret not going to the Cancun strip if the water colour isn't as nice at the Barcelo. I also like the idea of being close to things outside the hotel incase you get bored but the Barcelo does seem to have enough within the resort where you wouldn't need to go outside. Tough choice!

Reply to: Barcelo Maya or Fiesta Americana Condesa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted