We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Cancun

5 posts
Weather in Cancun

Wow, just checked the forecast and it's 80% chance of rain and thunder and a few days were 100%! We will be in Cancun May 12-19. Then I checked this forecast and it looks much better.

myforecast.co/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m…

Looks like the actual rain measurement isn't much, so is that promising? I'm pretty bummed to be honest. :( Someone tell me some good news. Haha.

70 replies to this topic
Anderson, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
1. Re: Weather in Cancun

We're in Cancun now. I worried about the same thing because weather for this week said 80-90% chance of storms. It hasn't rained at all--not even a sprinkle. There have been a few clouds, but mostly sun. Bring sunscreen. We're getting nice and tan. Weather is fabulous.

8 posts
1 review
2. Re: Weather in Cancun

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k115369…

8 posts
1 review
3. Re: Weather in Cancun

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g15080…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,382 posts
660 reviews
4. Re: Weather in Cancun

"It hasn't rained at all--not even a sprinkle"

Always what can happen. Which is why you should never cancel unless something is for sure.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Weather in Cancun

We just arrived 3pm local time and its been sprinkling and overcast. However, there is a lot of lightning and thunder. Hoping it gets it out of its system and we get some sun for our first full day!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Weather in Cancun

It's the big picture you need to look at. Check the NOAA website; caribbean satellites, etc. Tropical Storm activity will bring 100% rain. Right now according to NOAA everything is fine in the caribbean except for a trough heading north--Low pressure will develop along the trough W of Florida on

Mon and move NW, moving inland over the SE United States by

midweek. Showers and thunderstorms will affect the Gulf waters

near and E of the low.

Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
7. Re: Weather in Cancun

Update on the weather today?

Savannah, Georgia
1 post
8. Re: Weather in Cancun

I’m deciding whether to book a last minute trip there this weekend into next week. Hmmmmm

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Weather in Cancun

In Cancun now, the odd cloud in sight but it’s a beautiful sunny day.

Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: Weather in Cancun

I was there from the 6-12th every day of the forecast on the weather app showed the dark thunder cloud & everyday was beautiful & sunny (except the end of yesterday it rained as we were going to the airport)

Reply to: Weather in Cancun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted