We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$/week?

8 posts
Save Topic
Best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$/week?

Hi, I am looking for recommendations on the best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$ for 7 days. Particularly clean resorts, with good food and a good view.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
6 replies to this topic
Ohio
Level Contributor
586 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$/week?

Check various travel sites and input your info. We found a groupon deal last year that included non-stop flights from Pittsburgh and ocean front room at the Occidental Tucancun for $1,800. Just above your price point but shows there are good deals available if you look.

Mentioned in this post
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
Occidental Tucancun
Occidental Tucancun
6,320 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,759 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$/week?

Nick B, Is that for 2 adults?? Air and hotel or hotel only.??

Edited: 10 May 2018, 07:06
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$/week?

Try booking closer to the date you’re wanting to go. We have friends that got a great deal at Live Aqua last July. They booked the trip in late May. BookIt.com has good prices that include air travel.

Mentioned in this post
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort...
10,162 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
745 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$/week?

Is that budget including flights? Total or per person? And what time of year?

Save Reply
5. Re: Best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$/week?

You can try Park Royal Grand Cancún Caribe. It isn’t Ritz Carlton, but I really love the location! It is a smaller resort with probably less than 500 rooms. There is the main building, the premiere building, the timeshare building and the villas. ALL rooms are oceanfront with a fantastic view. The premiere tower is where I usually stay and you could not be any closer to the beach. The hotel is kept up very nicely and is spotless. The staff is amazing and work hard. They are updating the ground floor through May I believe, so keep that in mind.

They have an adult pool and an all ages pool where the entertainment staff is during the day. The entertainment staff is fun during the day but the nightly shows are nothing special.

They have a bar at each pool, a bar off the lobby and in the evening they have a beautiful rooftop bar that overlooks the lagoon. Some nights they have live bands at the rooftop bar.

They have a snack bar by the pool with hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, etc. there is also a pizza oven by the pool. They have a cafe to get sandwiches, pastries, coffee and gelato. The cafe is open almost all the time. They have the buffet as well as 3 al a carte restaurants included in the AI option. There is another restaurant there but it has a surcharge to eat there. I am a picky eater and I have always been pleased with the food.

I have been to this hotel about 10-12 times. I used to go even when it was still the Hyatt. I go because I ALWAYS find a great package deal and I love the location. But it is a 4 to 4.5 star resort, it is not a 5 star, so it just depends on what you are looking for,

Sorry this was so long. I was just trying to be helpful!

Mentioned in this post
Park Royal Cancun
Park Royal Cancun
5,045 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
3,255 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Save Reply
6. Re: Best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$/week?

*******Just a correction to the above post— the hotel name should read GRAND PARK ROYAL CANCUN CARIBE not Park Royal Grand Cancún Caribe, So sorry!,,

Mentioned in this post
Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Grand Park Royal Cancun...
7,978 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Park Royal Cancun
Park Royal Cancun
5,045 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Reply to: Best resorts in Cancun for around 1500$/week?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted