We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thunderstorms @ Cancun?

Hemel Hempstead...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Thunderstorms @ Cancun?

I have read that weather forecasts shouldnt be trusted, however every website I have looked on so far have said thunderstorms/rain from 10/05/2018 and onwards. I dont fly out till 21/05/18, however none of the forecasts look promising?

I have never been to Cancun before so Im not to sure how relevant the forecasts are? Any advice?

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
6 replies to this topic
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
375 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thunderstorms @ Cancun?

The weather in the Cancun region is now entering the summer rainy season. Expect tropical showers that appear and disappear as quickly.

It is hard to predict if the weather forecast is accurate or not. Luckily the region has many activities to offer including, Mayan ruins, jungle adventure tours, cenotes (huge freshwater wells that the region is famous for), underground rivers and many towns to discover.

Rain does not usually last too long so do not worry.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
4,522 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thunderstorms @ Cancun?

Any advice ? From someone that's been to Mexico fifteen times , take plenty of sun cream

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
304 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thunderstorms @ Cancun?

and have back-up plans for a rainy afternoon just in case- shopping, spa, movies, etc.... Enjoy!!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thunderstorms @ Cancun?

Our forecast said rain every day but we haven’t had any so far. I’ve heard others say that it more commonly rains at night. Chances are that if it rains during the day it’s only for a brief period of time in the afternoon.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thunderstorms @ Cancun?

We are heading towards the rainy season, therefore the increased chances of showers and rain. Plan accordingly.

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Thunderstorms @ Cancun?

Please read this post. I had same Q

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g15080…

Reply to: Thunderstorms @ Cancun?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted