We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
5 posts
46 reviews
Car rental

On my last trip to Cancun I made the reservation to pick up a car at the airport and the total cost was 300 USD but on my arrival, the car rental representative wanted to charge me 800 USD. How can I rent a car from here or there with out having that kind of bad experiences? Just need to pay for a fair price and not getting extra hidden charges. Thank you for your reply, will be very helpful

4 replies to this topic
Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Car rental

http://www.america-carrental.com/

We use these guys with no problems. They rent lots of cars and so someone will have complaints but the issue you mention should not be among them as almost all insurance is included and the optional coverage is a minor cost choice.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
265 reviews
2. Re: Car rental

1) Do not use a 3rd party site, only book direct with the actual company.

2) Mexican insurance is mandatory, your credit card or car insurance in your home country is not acceptable. A total cost of ~ $40/day is typical.

3) Only use a rental car if you plan on traveling outside the Cancun area on your own. read all the tips/suggestions about avoiding a stop by the local police, gas station scams, etc.

Illinois
Level Contributor
401 posts
143 reviews
3. Re: Car rental

I just returned from cancun last saturday. While there i took a taxi into downtown cancun to get tequila and there was a police check point on the edge of the hotel zone. The driver told me they were pulling over rental cars to give them a speeding ticket.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Car rental

Easyway Car Rental. I've rented from them more than a dozen times now, never had an issue

Reply to: Car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted