We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
71 reviews
Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

I have a few questions, I am looking at a flight from BJX-PVR that leaves around 7:50am!

1. Is it only taxi and roughly how much

2. How long does it take

3. how much time do you need to check in at the airport

4. what time would we need to leave.

Thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
283 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

Just got back...I paid 400 pesos for taxi from Guanajuato to BJX airport. Hotel would call one for 500 pesos, I asked taxi drivers on the street and got it for 400...

Took me 30-35 minutes.

Airport is small, in no time, I got checked in...matter of minutes.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
359 reviews
2. Re: Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

Hi guys, i was puzzled to see such an early flight time. Is that nonstop on Interjet?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

Hi Canadian boys yes that is a non stop on interjet

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

so how early should one arrive at bjx....two hours?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

oh they changed the flight time now to 8:00... still

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

Hi bluedenim,

I've never flown inside of Mexico, so I'm not sure how early you need to arrive at the airport to check in for your flight. You might want to check with the airline.

The last time I flew out of BJX to the USA, I arrived more than 2 hours before my flight at 8 a.m., and had to wait well over an hour before I could check in. I think I left Guanajuato just before 5 a.m. and was at the airport about 5:30. Very little traffic on the highway at that hour.

Have a great trip!

Cindi

BC
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
202 reviews
7. Re: Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

I flew on Interjet from MEX early morning and they said you had to check in 2 hours before. Got up and left in the dark....check in took 2 minutes, security took 3 minutes, leaving us to have 2 hours for breakfast at the airport.

BJX is compact, not many options for food or relaxing. A lot of flights leave in the early morning though, so can be busy. I arrived one hour and 15 minutes ahead for my international flight from BJX and that was plenty of time. Left Leon at 7 am, took 30 minutes.

Edited: 26 February 2017, 14:28
8. Re: Transport from Guanajuato to BJX- early morning flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2018, 16:17