We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stores open Good Friday?

Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Stores open Good Friday?

Hi we're thinking of visiting Good Friday and saturday...I'm wondering if stores and restaurants will be open? Thanks..

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stores open Good Friday?

Hi,

I think most stores and restaurants are open then as there are many, many tourists in town during the two weeks before Easter. Be aware that since it's a holiday season, some hotels and restaurants increase their prices. Also, you may want to make hotel reservations soon because of the influx of tourists during this time.

The only places I know for sure that are closed on Good Friday are the carnicerias...butcher shops. These are closed on Ash Wednesday, every Friday during Lent and maybe on Easter Sunday. Unless you are staying in a place with a kitchen and are cooking your own meals, this won't affect you.

Have a great visit!

Cindi

2. Re: Stores open Good Friday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2018, 17:16