We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour to See Monarch Butterfly migration

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
601 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Tour to See Monarch Butterfly migration

Hello. Can someone advise as to whether there is a one day tour out of Guanajuato to see the butterfly migration (end of February/March) Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Guanajuato
Guanajuato
Guanajuato, Mexico
Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour to See Monarch Butterfly migration

I haven't heard of any tours out of Guanajuato, but you might want to check the San Miguel forum. I think I've seen information there for tours.

Cindi

Mentioned in this post
Guanajuato
Guanajuato
Guanajuato, Mexico
Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour to See Monarch Butterfly migration

Here's a link to the San Miguel de Allende forum with information about the Monarch tours...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g15193…

Cindi

Mentioned in this post
San Miguel de Allende
San Miguel de Allende
Guanajuato, Mexico
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour to See Monarch Butterfly migration

Guanajuato to the Butterfly Sanctuaries would be approximately a 7 hour drive R/T in a car - tour bus or van probably much longer.Would make for a really long travel day and not leave much time for viewing the butterflies. Maybe you could stand on the top of one of Guanajuato's hills and wave as they head north? :-)

Mentioned in this post
Guanajuato
Guanajuato
Guanajuato, Mexico
4. Re: Tour to See Monarch Butterfly migration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2018, 16:18