We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheel luggage in Guanajuato

Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wheel luggage in Guanajuato

Hello! Im traveling to Guanajuato, Guanajuato and I want to know if it's wheel luggage friendly?! I have a small bag but will be too heavy with my stuff. Can you let me know if I can walk and use my wheel luggage in Guanajuato?!

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
516 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheel luggage in Guanajuato

I haven't found anyplace in Mexico to be wheeled luggage friendly. Cobblestone streets, uneven sidewalks, giant steps up from street to sidewalk, etc. I had to switch from a backpack type suitcase to rolling luggage due to back problems, but I just use it to go through the airport or bus station, and take a taxi to get there.I no longer try to walk from the terminal to my hotel unless it's close enough to pick up and carry my luggage.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheel luggage in Guanajuato

well sure you can. and it will bump bump bump a bunch. Just decide if you can put it all on your shoulders or not and take a cab if it bugs you too much. OMG I just got back from SLP with a wheelie, my backpack, a heavy shoulder camera bag and a heavy tripod. I suggest door to door uber or taxi for anybody who has a remotely sane budget.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wheel luggage in Guanajuato

Why do we tend to go out of our way to make simple things so complicated? We drive ourselves an stay at Casa Zuniga adjacent to Monumento al Pipila. The guys in the parking area have it figured out: suitcases carried on their heads totally removes any consideration for wheels. It is a hike down to the rooms and a hike back up to the parking lot and tipping them for their efforts and smiling faces is money well spent!

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wheel luggage in Guanajuato

exactly Neil. Especially with $22MXN to $1USD its a no-brainer for me.

Ocean Park,Wa
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wheel luggage in Guanajuato

I have seen a few VERY small pieces of wheeled luggage being pulled in Guanajuato. It is close to impossible, and very difficult. The roads and sidewalks are very undeveloped, beautiful stone and brick, and not at all level. Most of the "sidewalks" are a raised edge of the street, maybe 14-16 " wide? And, if a bus comes by, you have to hug the wall .If you can get a driver or Taxi to take you to your destination of residence or visit, they may be able to get you near the door. But, Guanajuato is UP HILL walking, steep,deep "stairs " ( 500 yrs old,stone) .However, with cash, you can always find a local to help you, for a tip. My next visit, or move there, will be only what I can backpack in. The nice Hotels in Guanajuato, have drivers that can transport you and your things. But the real Mexico, the real Guanajuato, maintains it's beautiful, ancient character and extremes of an amazingly beautiful city , built in ,built under, and on a mountain.

Edited: 18 January 2017, 15:39
Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wheel luggage in Guanajuato

Don't even consider it with the 4 wheel variety of luggage. You can drag the two wheel variety from the drop-off to your accommodations.

7. Re: Wheel luggage in Guanajuato

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2018, 16:15