We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance to Escuela Mexicana

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
601 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Distance to Escuela Mexicana

Hola . I am looking at going to Escuela Mexicana for one month. I am contemplating a home stay vs. a b&b. I am a middle aged woman, and while I love meeting people, I also like my privacy and personal space - particularly since I will be there for a month. I would love to hear peoples experiences of homestays in terms of the accomodations (location to school, quality, space, and privacy). As well, I have looked at villa sueno azul and casa de pita - could someone advise how far these are from the school? Thank you for your time. Cdn

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance to Escuela Mexicana

Hi,

Escuela Mexicana is located in the center of town maybe a 5-minute walk from the Jardin de la Union.

Casa de Pita is on a pedestrian-only callejon above Teatro Principal, which is just off one end of the Jardin. The walk from Casa de Pita would be downhill, but you'd have to climb back up.

Villa Sueño Azul is beyond Embajadoras on a street with traffic, so would probably be a ten to fifteen-minute walk to Escuela Mexicana, but it's a relatively flat walk.

Though I studied Spanish at Escuela Mexicana in 2003, I did not do a homestay, so can't comment on that. Perhaps other posters can address that for you.

You don't mention when you're planning to visit, so you might want to make housing reservations early if you plan to be here during the two weeks leading up to Easter or if you plan to be here during the Cervantino Festival in October as those are very busy times in town and it can be next-to-impossible to find a place to stay.

Have a great visit!

Cindi

Edited: 10 January 2017, 06:43
Mentioned in this post
Jardin de la Union
Jardin de la Union
1,173 Reviews
Guanajuato, Mexico
Casa De Pita
Casa De Pita
280 Reviews
Guanajuato, Mexico
Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance to Escuela Mexicana

Casa de Pita is not far at all from Escuela Mexicana and the hill/steps are very minimal. That would be my first choice of the two that you mentioned. It is much nearing the school and the Jardin; close enough that you could go there over your lunch break. You might also check out Casa Bertha, which is very near Casa de Pita. When I attended Escuela Mexicana I ended up in the house of the owner of the school, with six or eight other students. It was supposed to be a home stay but really was not, so I moved out and was happier at Casa Bertha, which has rooms with kitchen facilities. It had plenty of privacy, but also a roof terrace where you could visit with other guests.

I was very pleased with CB but CdP had good reviews also.

Mentioned in this post
Casa De Pita
Casa De Pita
280 Reviews
Guanajuato, Mexico
Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance to Escuela Mexicana

It's about 500 meters between Casa de Pita and that school.

Mentioned in this post
Casa De Pita
Casa De Pita
280 Reviews
Guanajuato, Mexico
Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
601 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance to Escuela Mexicana

Thank you everyone for the great information - it was most helpful. Cdn

5. Re: Distance to Escuela Mexicana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2018, 17:16