We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

Port Ludlow, Wa.
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

Coming in February 2013, would like to stay in comfort, clean room and a view would be nice under $80 a night. Is that possible?. Must be close to town.

Also, some of the forum comments about view rooms at Irma require a bribe, true or no? Otherwise sounds good.

Would appreciate any updated information.

Thanks so much.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Irma
Hotel Irma
476 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

I’d have to say the Irma more than likely fits your bill, as far as the room just make sure to select the upgrade to ocean view when booking then you shouldn’t have a problem. As far as getting a premium room (location) it’s a crap shoot I did hear of money exchanging hands for the premium locations last season.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Irma
Hotel Irma
476 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
henderson
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

Irma is great...You don't have to "bribe" for a view...just pay for it when booking...simple. You get what you pay for no? choose "ocean view" when booking...we booked with Expedia and had zero issues. We loved it and loved the proximety to Madera beach, La ropa Beach, great eats in each direction, and town was a quick walk that was completly safe.

The casa Sun and moon next door I would not hesitate to stay at either...was a cute smaller property we did a walk thru. About the same overall in price I believe

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Irma
Hotel Irma
476 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Casa Sun & Moon
Casa Sun & Moon
71 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,301 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

Agree on Casa Sun and Moon and Irma for cheaper places on Madera....also Casa Adriana, also on Madera, is a great deal:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150795-d287588…

http://www.casaadriana.com.mx/index_en.html

My husband very much enjoyed staying there...great views and location!

Edited: 23 October 2012, 02:27
Mentioned in this post
Casa Sun & Moon
Casa Sun & Moon
71 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Hotel Irma
Hotel Irma
476 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Casa Adriana
Casa Adriana
90 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Woodside
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

I would also consider Bugalows Vepao and Casa Gloria Maria...right on the beach at La Ropa.

Harriet Garfinkle

Edited: 23 October 2012, 03:27
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

Email contact for Lucy (excellent English) at Casa Adriana- always my 1st recommendation casa_adriana@yahoo.com Ask about rooms 14 & 15- new last year. Amazing views of the bay- gorgeous sunsets- kitchens on balconies- short stroll to centro- beach below (there are a few stairs- not killer stairs at all)- quiet- wonderful staff.

Mentioned in this post
Casa Adriana
Casa Adriana
90 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Port Ludlow, Wa.
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

To Rissask, Thanks for the information, it was helpful that you included the addresses. I'm very impressed with Casa Adriana. Is that where you stayed, the email is not not clear as you mentiond three hotels.

Thanks again

Edited: 23 October 2012, 11:00
Mentioned in this post
Casa Adriana
Casa Adriana
90 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
usa
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

Casa Adriana is pretty neat. No pool but close to everything and in my favorite neighborhood. Playa La Madera is just a 'few' steps away. Great views. If you don't need a pool, and why would you with the bay right there, sweet!

Mentioned in this post
Casa Adriana
Casa Adriana
90 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
usa
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

Forgot to mention ... if privacy is important to you Adriana beats Irma.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

If you contact Lucy, tell her I gave you her email address, and she will do what she can for you.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,301 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please an updated Where to stay in Zihuatanejo

"To Rissask, Thanks for the information, it was helpful that you included the addresses. I'm very impressed with Casa Adriana. Is that where you stayed, the email is not not clear as you mentiond three hotels."

My husband and I have stayed at both the Irma and the Brisas del Mar, which is very close to the Irma, but more expensive per night (worth it, IMO, though- great hotel!). We have had friends who stayed at the Casa Sun and Moon and liked it- it's fairly basic but the same great views.

Hubby stayed at Casa Adriana about 4 years ago now on a fishing trip with a buddy and they really liked it. The only downside, he said, was that there is no pool. But that is minor. Nice balconies and views and kitchenettes on the balcony, and Lucy is a great host!

Mentioned in this post
Casa Adriana
Casa Adriana
90 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Hotel Irma
Hotel Irma
476 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Casa Sun & Moon
Casa Sun & Moon
71 Reviews