We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping in Zihua

colorado mts.
2 posts
Save Topic
shopping in Zihua

We are coming to Zihua the end of Jan. and need some new summer clothes, but since we live in the mts. in Colorado there is nothing but winter stuff in stores. I know there will be places to buy clothes, but don't want to spend fortune. Any suggestions on where to look.

Bodega del Tequila
Gift & Speciality Shops
TEQUILA iPOR FAVOR!
Gift & Speciality Shops
Alberto's
Gift & Speciality Shops
up north
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping in Zihua

Not sure what you would be looking for but I saw mostly tourist places and general store type stores. There is a large market and there might be something there. And also going out the back of the market there were some store across the street. I sort of doubt that you will find what you are looking for, but then I could be wrong. Also, day time is mostly swimming suit....very causual. As is the evening. But pretty hot when we were there last Feb. We leave in less than two weeks to go back again.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping in Zihua

No problemo! There are numerous clothing stores in Zihuatanejo with very attractive prices. Most of clothing is light weight summer types. Just what you need. Best prices are at the central market.

houston texasaspen
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping in Zihua

I would take a cab to El Presidente hotel in Ixtapa and across the street are nice stores.I don't remember the names but they have summer clothes and bathing suits that are attractive and of good quality,like what you would find in Florida for example.It not expensive.It is about what you would pay in the states and they have different prices depending on the store..

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping in Zihua

Lot's of shops On Jose Morelos including a nice department store across from Polo Feliz. Also on Benito Juarez. These are where the locals shop not the more touristy places nearer the water front. Also the Mexicana Commercial has lots to choice as does the Bodega.

PS I would not shop in Ixtapa unless you want to pay 40% or more higher.