We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Cruise or Sunset Cruise

Franklin, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Boat Cruise or Sunset Cruise

Hi everyone!

This will be our third trip to Zihua (2 couples, coming 2/22 to 3/3) and we are looking to just enjoy a nice private afternoon (or maybe sunset) on the ocean, on a boat/panga, touring around, seeing sights, maybe wildlife, maybe even stopping somewhere, not totally sure yet?! LOL!!.

Anyway we have rented a house, so we were thinking we can bring our own food, snacks and beverages in a cooler.

DO NOT want the Picante cruise (been there done that) with a bunch of people, and the only other tour I see is Julio's Tours, which seems most reviews surround fishing, we don't want to fish or snorkel. His Coastline Nature Cruise and Sunset Cruise (for up to 6 people) sounds nice but no reviews on that for 3+ years I think, so maybe not their thing much anymore?

Is there anyone else out there that does this sort of thing that someone could recommend? Also thinking we could maybe check with the house manager or the taxi guy we always use while staying there...they might have some inside info, but thought I would start with you fine folks first!!

Thanks very much, will appreciate any info provided.

Adios!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,342 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Boat Cruise or Sunset Cruise

Google Julio's Tours Zihuatanejo

Keith

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
181 reviews
2. Re: Boat Cruise or Sunset Cruise

if you have facebook....look up

Edgar Torres Gonzalez

His family owns the Elva, ElvaII and now Elva III and they do private cruises for sunset or to Ixtapa Island as well as fishing tours. We have fished with Edgar and his father Gabriel in the past and loved our day.

Or...yes, check w/ the concierge at your condo complex and they also can point you in a good direction.

Franklin, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Boat Cruise or Sunset Cruise

Thanks Maryann, I'll check that out on Facebook!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Boat Cruise or Sunset Cruise

Just FYI- Julio is flexible and will do whatever you wish.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Boat Cruise or Sunset Cruise

Julios is a tiny Panga and would be jammed full for a "cruise" He advertises for it but is not really able to deliver. Maybe the Hobie Cats on La Ropa for a cruise around the bay.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
128 reviews
6. Re: Boat Cruise or Sunset Cruise

We hooked up with the guy out in front of Villa Mexicana who solicits jet skis, etc. for a boat ride. I don't remember what we paid but it was pretty reasonable for 3 of us all day with a couple of stops to snorkel. He also dropped us of at Las Gatas for about an hour or so and came back for us. Well worth it.

7. Re: Boat Cruise or Sunset Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2018, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo
Recent Conversations