We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Mexicanna

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
1 review
Villa Mexicanna

I spoke with a friend, who called the hotel yesterday. They quoted $193.00 per night for our dates in January 2018. Includes breakfast and drinks in the afternoon.

Adios Villa Mexicanna! Sorry.....but you are just not worth that much per night.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
119 reviews
11. Re: Villa Mexicanna

And then it's $184 for the next week, and then $189 for the weeks of February - March. And these are "mountain or garden" view rooms. Ocean view is another $12-$15 per night upgrade. All of that for a 161 sq. ft. room which is pretty much what a Motel 6 room is like. On a plus side, you are just steps from the ocean.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,339 posts
12 reviews
12. Re: Villa Mexicanna

Yeah, I just picked a week past the first top see if they were available since we are past Labor Day.

That is usually when they have shown up in the past.

Keith

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,592 posts
60 reviews
13. Re: Villa Mexicanna

"On a plus side, you are just steps from the ocean."

That's how they can get away with it. Location location location!

I'd much rather stay at Cinco Sentidos again, though (or a similar B&B)- at $225 a night it's well worth the price and nicer in every way than VM. :)

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
119 reviews
14. Re: Villa Mexicanna

Keith, interesting that you can get a price for VM on Expedia but not on VM's own website. Spent all that money for a nice website but not proud enough of their pricing to disclose it there.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
6 reviews
15. Re: Villa Mexicanna

Many hotels do not want bookings on their own site. They have contracted out all of their rooms to various tour companies so that those company agents can do their bookings for them. Lack of English at many hotels...and less over bookings this way. Each contract is given x number of rooms...when they sell out...they are "closed". That way no over bookings...easier for a hotel to pay commission to outside sources.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,592 posts
60 reviews
16. Re: Villa Mexicanna

*little off-topic story about booking hotel rooms....

In Edinburgh last year, we were staying at a Holiday Inn. We wanted to extend our visit in the city and tried to book a room at the front desk for the following night- nope, no rooms they could rent us, they told us- although they had some rooms.

We had to book online on booking.com as they seriously did not have a room they could rent to us because they were all on the booking sites......crazy....

But not a negative thing imo- as I get rewards points on that site and as it ended up I got that night for 'free' in the end anyway!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
119 reviews
17. Re: Villa Mexicanna

Just happened to think, with Hotel Irma being the sister hotel to the VM, wait until all those regulars get that price shock too. Fortunately there are a lot of other options. Takes a bit of hunting and research, but you would be amazed at the number of little jewels that are only a few minutes walk from the beach.

Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
18. Re: Villa Mexicanna

I have described Villa Mexicana as my 'Happy Place' but we weren't able to do last year. When planning our trip for January I was SO disappointed, their prices are WAY too high now and just can't be justified. (We are staying at Villas San Sebastian which has great reviews and much more reasonable. Fingers crossed! )

Monument, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
1 review
19. Re: Villa Mexicanna

We too have stayed at Irma. Great hotel. But.......as you stated Julie, it isn't worth that much more money. Not to us anyway.

20. Re: Villa Mexicanna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2018, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo
Recent Conversations