We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a condo, what is usually supplied in kitchen

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Renting a condo, what is usually supplied in kitchen

We are renting a condo for the first time in PV (been before, but usually to all inclusives). What kinds of things should I put on my shopping list for first day (salt/pepper, etc.) and what is usually in the kitchen for you to use (coffe filters, condiments)? Any other suggestions for making the stay seamless without having to constantly go to the store would also help. Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,030 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Renting a condo, what is usually supplied in kitchen

I find with the condos I've rented previously, it became easy to determine which ones had been regularly used or were considered the owner's "home away from home" by the amenities within the unit, versus a true rental unit that the owner never used themselves, in which the amenities tended to be different...quite often less of them too.

As with each condo being unique, how owners choose to stock them for rental availability is also unique.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,407 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Renting a condo, what is usually supplied in kitchen

I guess a lot depends upon just how detail-oriented the owner is. Whether or not a renter will be staying for 3 days or for 3 months, I send them a pretty complete list of what will be included when I send them their rental confirmation.

They will know that weekly maid service is included, but I let them know the maid is not allowed to wash their personal laundry. (I also suggest what would be a reasonable weekly tip for the maid. I once had a 5-month rental and the people did not leave 1 cent for the maid.)

Renters will know that the rental agent will meet them at the door upon arrival and that he will be on-call for them 24-hours a day during their stay. I also let them know that a garrafon of purified water will be provided upon arrival and that toilet paper and bath soap will be provided throughout their stay. On the rental website, they have already seen that there will be satellite TV, a toaster, a blender, a microwave and such and they know there is no air conditioning, no phone and no wi-fi.

IMO, a if a renter knows in advance what will be in the unit and what won't, a lot of problems and misunderstandings can be averted.

Seattle
Level Contributor
39,008 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Renting a condo, what is usually supplied in kitchen

<how long should an owner have to pay for toilet paper, paper towels, coffee filters etc.>

Seems that could also depend on the price of the rent?

44. Re: Renting a condo, what is usually supplied in kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2013, 21:16