We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Dress Code

Calgary, Canada
13 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Dress Code

I see some comments about men having to wear slacks (not a big deal) and dress shoes (big deal) at most of the Secrets restaurants. Can someone comment as to whether this is true and if they enforce it?

Thanks

California
Level Contributor
652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Dress Code

I agree...I hate packing that extra stuff as it pushes me over what will fit into a single suitcase. If it's just 1 or 2 restaurants - fine - I will just skip those. Can anyone comment if you can get by with slacks and sandles?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Dress Code

Uh, y would anybody go to a place with a dress code and not dress the part? Probably tick off the other people who did.

California
Level Contributor
652 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Dress Code

Good question. I guess it's because many prefer the all-inclusive thing, but don't know why they should dress up for food and service that is not up to par with the bar and grill down the street.

Calgary, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Dress Code

Fellow forum contributors, just trying to see if the info is correct. There's several contradictory reports.

I can certainly take a pair of dress shoes but if they aren't necessary I'll probably leave them in the closet with my suit and tie.

Lake County...
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Dress Code

Our experience has been that closed-toe shoes are required for men. You can wear your tennies but not the flip-flops.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Dress Code

We have been to Secrets Maroma and several Excellence resorts. They do enforce the dress code. We have seen many couples turned away from the restaurants at dinnertime because the men are not dressed "appropriately" (collared shirt, long slacks, and closed-toe shoes). Do yourself a favor and pack at least one each of these items (take two shoes!) to avoid having room service every night for dinner. ALSO... at Secrets Maroma, the men were not allowed to enter the breakfast buffet with tank tops or sleeveless shirts. They provided a short-sleeved, button-down "Cuban" shirt to men who came without sleeves. Tee shirts, short pants, and sandals are fine for the breakfast buffet.

Edited: 23 February 2012, 06:16
winnipeg, canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Dress Code

Just wondering what (if any) is the dress code for men at La Brisas Al a Cartes?? Sorry - meant to post as new topic !!

Edited: 23 February 2012, 06:25
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Dress Code

My experience with both Dreams and Secrets is that there are always options if you don't want to dress the part.....such as sitting outside on the terrace of the restaurant where dress code not enforced, going to another restaurant with less stingent requirements, or ordering room service. My understanding so far is that generally men in pants, shirts with collars/sleeves, shoes with toes (runners ok sandals not) and women no shorts for most dinners. A couple of the restaurants (e.g. Bordeaux) further suggest dress shoes for men and dresses, skirts and pants for women. I have worn bermuda shorts to all restaurants (female) and never had a problem, neither of us have never been turned away for runners either. Have fun!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Dress Code

Been there, very casual. No flip-flops or bare feet from men. Pretty much everything else is OK.

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
641 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Dress Code

We just returned from Dreams and Secrets less than a week ago. Dreams dress code for the alacarts for men are pretty relaxed but not at Secrets. Men "need" long pants and at least closed toed sandals.

Get answers to your questions about Huatulco
Recent Conversations