We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Club

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Club

Which of the small boutique hotels has the best beach club?

7 replies to this topic
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Club

Castillo has a good beach club

You can get Day passes to most beach clubs if your hotel doesn’t have one, or just hang at the various beaches during your stay.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,715 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Club

Or stay at Quinta Bella and be on the beach.

Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Club

9 Bays new beach club on Playa Chahue should be open this fall. It will have an infinity pool and gourmet restaurant and more. Pretty high end. You can book accommodation at 9 Bays which should include access to the club.

We know a number of folks who have stayed there and will again this coming season.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,462 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Club

For 'beach clubs' open to the public I thought the Castillo was the best one. Nice facilities, full restaurant and bar, showers, a pool, towels, lots of loungers and seating. But if you want a palapa with loungers, they get taken early in high season so get there early.

I will say the 'beach club; at Santa Cruz that staying at the Villablanca gives you free access to it pretty grim! We gave that a swerve after checking it out once for a couple of hours. Much nicer to head to Maguey or Entrega and just pit in at one of the restaurants there.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Club

Huatulco is next up on the bucket list. Looking seriously at Castillo. Thanks for your input. If anyone else wants to weigh in...please do.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Club

We stayed at the Castillo last year, it was fine, price was right. We usually stay at Villablanca. And we usually never do a beach club, just usually hit a different beach each day.. As Rissask said, the Castillo beach club is nice but I think there are nicer and more swimmable beaches around.

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Club

I have said it before and still stick to my belief, not many people swim in the ocean! Sure you get people taking a quick dip to cool off or take that priceless selfie but the beachs in Huatulco are just not crowded with swimmers. So having that thought I would also recommend the Castilo Beach club or the new Chahue club when asked about "beach clubs". You can sit on almost any beach and have a beer or tacos but do they have a pool, towels, showers, play ground and in some cases....a toilet !! lol

On several threads I have heard that getting shade at the Castillo Beach Club is tough ( unless arriving early ). Last Feb we never got to the beach before 11 and always was able to get at least an umbrella, sometimes the thatch covers nearer the club. What most people don't think of doing is to ask the bar guy for an umbrella, which is entertaining in itself to watch two men trying to plant one in the sand. With bar service right to the waters edge, who needs to be sitting in amongst the crowds up higher??

Mike :)

Edited: 16 August 2018, 06:15
Reply to: Beach Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco