We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

Leduc, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
534 reviews
Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

We just booked for our stay at Las Brisas. We would like to take in the day of dead in town while we are there,

How far is town from the resort?

Has anyone hired any locals to tour them around?

Are there scooter rentals?

At the resort is lobster and scallops offered?

For me dress code sandals can they be open toed?

Any suggestions on must do tours?

Thank you all in advance

9 replies to this topic
Huatulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

Awesome!

To take part of the Day of the Dead celebrations you must go to the cemetery on the 2nd at sundown, it is much better if you go with someone local, a taxi driver or a guide, this is a 30 minute ride from your resort.

Couple of places rent scooters in Tangolunda, across from Dreams and in La Crucecita as well, just be carefull.

Alfredo

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

The local town is La Crucecita which is a couple of km inland. Santa Cruz is smaller and more touristy and is on the coast where the cruise ships dock. Neither are really in reasonable walking distance in the hot Huatulco sun, but are only a 50 peso or so taxi ride away.

There is a bird watching tour guide that comes to the resort at 7:00 AM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Pablo is a good guy with excellent English and I believe will do tours.

I don't recall much lobster and scallops being served. There is a snack bar beside the main bar that converts to an a la carte seafood restaurant at night. I like the Mexican restaurant the best for the food and the atmosphere/view. The time you are going is early and I would guess most of the guests at that time will be Mexicans mainly from Mexico City. The buffets will have a definite Mexican theme to them.

If you were going to do just one package tour on your first trip, I would do the seven bay tour. You can book it with any of the tour packagers there, Sunwing or Westjet. The Three Level tour which goes to Pluma Hidelgo is good. I would pass on the crocs and turtles tour. It is a little underwhelming. There is a waterfall tour which I hear from others is good, but we have not done it.

Leduc, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
534 reviews
3. Re: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

Thank you I will look into this further

Leduc, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
534 reviews
4. Re: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

Thank you for taking the time and the information

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

Might I suggest Hurricane Divers for your 9 bay tour. It is a wonderful day on the water with plenty of stops to snorkel and the best picnic lunch, made by the fabulous Pauline, on a secluded beach.

Check their website.

You can hire a cab for the day to tour you around. One year we got a cab for the day and went to puerto Escondido with lots of stops along the way.

November is great temperature wise...a bit cooler and the walking is totally doable. Santa Cruz is about three km from Brisas on beautiful boulevards. Crucesita a bit further. It’s fun to poke about along the way.

Enjoy!

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

If you want a do it yourself outing I would suggest taking a taxi to the Copalita Ruins. It is located about 2-3 km past Secrets. If you take the taxi to the Ruins site you can do a self tour of the museum and ruins (or hire a guide). Entry fee is something like 90 pesos each if I recall correctly. Go fairly early before it gets too hot. Make sure you take the walk to the end of the trail to the scenic lookout out to the ocean. On the east you will see the mouth and delta of the Copalita river, and to the West you will see La Bocana beach. Very nice and well worth the walk up.

From there it is a reasonable walk back down the highway to La Bocana. There you can have a cerveza at either of the two bars. The one on the left (when facing the ocean) is known to have great fish tacos. You can rent boogie boards, or depending on the condition of the beach you may be able to walk back on the sand to the mouth of the Copalita river. From La Bocana you can pick up another taxi back to Las Brisas. If there is no taxi there you can either walk out to the highway to flag one down, or ask the lady at the restaurant to call one for you. Don't think about walking from La Bocana to Las Brisas. Too far. It is reasonable to walk back to Secrets though. Here is a link to the review I did on the ruins and La Bocana. Don't expect the beach to look just like the pictures I included. It is changing all the time from season to season. Mud baths are available from the local ladies as well. Under $100 pesos I think.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g…

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g…

Edited: 17 August 2018, 06:36
Leduc, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
534 reviews
7. Re: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

Thank you for the information I will look into this as well.

Leduc, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
534 reviews
8. Re: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

Thank you for the links and the information I am sure we will do both the ruins and the beach thanks to your information,

Sechelt
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas

We Visited Huatulco last November and we met a certified guide named Oscar, he was truly amazing! He grew up in Huatulco and is very knowledgeable about the area and the traditions! Oscar told us all about the Day of the Dead!

He offers this tour look him up, Oscar Tours Huatulco! His vans are new, clean and air conditioned!

He took us to Oxaca City, Monte Alban, the Waterfalls, Pluma coffee plantation, cant say enough good things! http://oscartourshuatulco.com

Reply to: Oct 28-Nov 6 Las Brisas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Huatulco