We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feb Trip Report

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Feb Trip Report

Trip Report Feb 10 to Feb. 27 2017

Had another great trip to the Pearl of the Pacific, Great welcome at airport from Local Friends and Family. Rudy there to pick us up. Smooth ride in and hotel staff waiting with warm welcome. Headed to Zocalo first thing Saturday morning for pedicure and was chased down by Dray and wife, Got to love it here running into people, Caught Kris”s husband Larry strolling Costera, Lucked out on bus bumping into Ron & Val after ten years, Got off at same stop so we had time to chat, To Bad you missed that Crème Brule Ron it was great. Met some new TA names RFNJ and wife Claudia ACachica,SunshineseekerfromMb,Mncorey Pumpermum and daughter all very nice and glad to put some faces on names, Same great crowd at hotel. Acajane JC Truck and crew, Hooked up with Dave (Snork) a few times ,Good Zocalo stroll and Caleta look see. Good Crowd at La Cabana , Jim Deb, Joy and Lyn Richard and a few others whose names escape me. New places I enjoyed Tapa Tapa more than once Marcelinos also more than once. If you ever get to Church Of Lady Of Guadalupe on Sunday The lady outside makes a great pork sandwich. Went to Central Mercado and had some good street tacos. Our Day with the group out at PDLC is always fun, Also went back to La Grange with local family for a good meal and fun day. Si Senors had some ribs that I liked a lot, Ate all over town for reasonable prices, cabs fares super cheap and buses are a real bargain . Took Interjet again no complaints , Overnighter a little rough . Wanted to make a day trip to Chilupa but was advised that it was not safe, Too bad about the cartels in the really nice areas I used to love to visit, Hope someday they will clean it up . Looking forward to longer stay next year, Kind of hurt leaving so many behind when I left

Special Offer
Acapulco City Sightseeing Tour
6 reviews
from USD 58.50*
USD 65.00
Historical Tour of Acapulco with...
3 reviews
from USD 44.99*
Special Offer
Coyuca Lagoon, Turtle Release, and...
1 review
from USD 63.00*
USD 70.00
Dinner and High Cliff Divers of La...
5 reviews
from USD 49.50*
6 replies to this topic
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feb Trip Report

Sounds like you had a fabulous trip Hank! Wonderful report. So sorry we missed you at the Zocalo.....

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feb Trip Report

It was great seeing and spending some time with you and Jean. You didn't miss much after you left, but we extended our trip an extra four days, we weren't ready to leave.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feb Trip Report

Always a good time, Hank. Longer stay? Me too. Working on it.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feb Trip Report

Great time hank as usual!! And your right about that creme brulee yumm!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
457 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feb Trip Report

As usual I see that you had a great vacation.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
955 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feb Trip Report

It was another fantastic holiday in Acapulco was great to see you Jean and Hank as always! Can not even wait until the next time ! Just keeps getting better every year, like a good wine!

Reply to: Feb Trip Report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations