We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2017-The End

Chicago
Level Contributor
501 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
2017-The End

Rich and I departed Thursday after two good months.

I regret that many of the people that I have met over the last 40 years do not return for various reasons but it mainly has to do with time taking it's toll.

Sylvester indicated that as of Wednesday the morning breakfast babble at Raquel's is on hold to next year and the same holds for the frequent confabs at La Cabana. He stated that it is difficult to meet when he might be the only person to attend.

17 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2017-The End

Michael informed that Sylvester had a serious fall the day he departed and Fort Worth Richard was bitten by a dog the same day. I hope they are both recovering nicely.

Edited: 13 March 2017, 04:55
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
854 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2017-The End

Oh Stash, that is sad news. I hope that Sylvester didn't fracture any bones? Eeekkkkk a dog bite, not good for poor Richard. If you hear any further news on either one please keep me posted. So sad.....

Chicago
Level Contributor
501 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2017-The End

Sylvester fell at the construction site and injured his legs,hand and face. Raquel spent 25 minutes stopping the bleeding, cleaning the wounds and bandaging same. He said nothing is broken.

Richard had the tip of his finger bitten off by the dog and will lose the nail..

Both indicate that they are healing nicely and no signs of infection.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,299 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2017-The End

Sylvester has gone through so much, I'm sure he'll recover. Richard, on the other hand, probably owes the dog an apology. (Just kidding Fort Worth Man).

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2017-The End

RIchard said the nail was split in the middle and he will lose itOther wise its okay

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,125 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2017-The End

Wow that's horrible on both ends. Hope both recover well.

Brooklyn Park...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2017-The End

It seems there was a little string of bad luck last week. Like an elephant in a China shop that I am sometimes, I had a minor accident that inadvertently gave me the lovely souvenir of 8 stitches on the top of my head shortly before our plane left on Thursday the 9th. It happened on the beach, and by the time I got back to the Fiesta Americana I was head to toe blood, sweat, and sand. Wish I could have gotten a photo before clean-up. Many thanks to secuity gaurd, Julio, Christina, and Brenda for all the help. All a guy can do is make some humor of it.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,299 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2017-The End

Good attitude, Corey. I was waiting for a bus about an after breaking my nose, once. Figured I'd have a beer at a close by pub 'til the scheduled bus arrived. I didn't make it three feet through the door before I was picked up and tossed out. I guess the blood made me look like a psycho or something. Glad you made it.

Level Contributor
1,627 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2017-The End

Ceiling a little low on that beach?

Brooklyn Park...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2017-The End

Yes Lago, I didn't duck far enough for one of canopies. Just my luck, this one had square poles instead of round poles.

Snork, I thought about going out in the street and hailing a cab, but figured they would take one look and speed away. Then the only option would be the police. I could only imagine the havoc after they saw a bloody gringo wandering the street looking for help. So, I just kept truckin to the FA as bystanders watched in shock as I looked like Carrie after they poored blood on her head. One nice young fellow handed me a stack of napkins.

Reply to: 2017-The End
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted